View Poll Results: Would you Buy a TREO Car hands-Free Set?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I have need for it.

17 94.44%
  • No - I do not have need for it.

1 5.56%
  1.    #1  
    My original post which received no replies...

"As I wish to use my TREO on the road, and the law here requests a Car hands-Free Set...
    I was wondering if any of you know of such instrument.

I was truly surprised to see that Handspring did not take that into account, even after Visor-Phone was out-there for about 2 years now.
    They didn't even wire the relevant output to the main connector - so you'll need 2 wires, one for power & the other for Mic / Loudspeaker + no solution at all for the Antenna, which means - no easy mount in the set as in most cell phones.

It's just frustrating.

Any Idea ?"
    Handsfree cradles usually need access to the mic & speaker because they offer a speakerphone. The treo always has one. All you really need is a powered car cradle, keep it flipped up and you have your handsfree speakerphone.
  3.    #3  
    I have tried using the TREO's built in Speaker, but the Quality & Volume where poor.
  4. r_b
    I heard that the treo charger was made by motorola and the motorola chargers available in the market (including the car kit) works for the treo.

Is this true?
  5.    #5  
    Power requirements are 5V DC, but the main issue is the connector type, which I assume is different between Motorola & the TREO.
    Other than that you can use any DC Car Converter.

From TREO Reference:
    Cradle Power - VDOCK:
    These pins provide a charging path to Treo.The voltage provided to these pins should be 5.2V +/-5%at 1A for
    best co patibility.These ratings are based on the specification of the AC/DC charging adapter that Handspring
    will provide.(For Treo,5.2V +/-5%at 600mA should be sufficient for charging,but using an adapter that
    matches the 5.2V @1A specification is strongly suggested.)
    Halperin,

From the handspring US website:

http://www.handspring.com/products/t...o270#general31

"Q.Is there a hands-free car kit available?
    A. We expect car kits, which will allow you to charge your communicator and talk hands-free at the same time, to be made available in various regions by third-party developers."

From the UK site:

http://www.handspring.co.uk/products...70/faq.asp#Q24

"Q.Is there a hands-free car kit available?
    A. A hands-free car kit will be available from THB, a world leader in car kit design and manufacturing, mid-2002. The THB Universal Classic Hands Free Car Kit will be compatible with all Handspring Treo communicators. For more information please contact THB directly at 00800-842-468-5463 (toll free within Europe) or +49 5732-9706-180 (toll number to Germany), or email at infoline@thb.de."
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  7.    #7  
    Dear Sir or Madam,
    many thanks for your enquiry regarding our THB product range.
    For the Handspring Treo, we will produce a THB Universal Classic (
    http://www.thb.de/english/liefer/classic/classic.htm ) with a cradle for the Treo 180. It will available in
    calendarweek 27.
    The price for the Basicunit will cost 109,-Euro and the Cradle cost the same

Best regards
    Dean Taylor
    --THB-Infoline--

Bury GmbH & Co. KG
    Robert-Koch-Str. 1-7
    32584 Löhne
    www.THB.de