1.    #1  
    hi. does there exist some kind of desktop software to hotsync, display and archive sms messages from the treo sms application with your desktop computer? thanks for tips!
    Last edited by kira; 06/17/2002 at 05:25 PM.
    I am new to the forum and was looking for an answer to this question. Would anyone be so kind to answer it?.
    Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by kira
    hi. does there exist some kind of desktop software to hotsync, display and archive sms messages from the treo sms application with your desktop computer? thanks for tips!
    Ahhhh... I'm back from sunny Tobago. Glad to be back... um, no, not really. But I did miss my fix of TreoŚCentral...

Yes, maxTEXT will let you sync SMS messages to Palm Desktop. They appear in the Desktop software as Memo files so, if you want, you can actually compose a message in the Desktop and sync it back to maxTEXT (not sure if this feature is useful).

I use maxTEXT mostly because you can send 1 SMS to a group of people - not possible with the built in Treo SMS software.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Hope you enjoyed your holidays.
    Originally posted by nzmoko

Ahhhh... I'm back from sunny Tobago. Glad to be back... um, no, not really. But I did miss my fix of TreoŚCentral...
    Does that mean that GPRS is not available in Tobago then? I'm thinking of limiting my future travel to those places where my Treo picks up a signal....
    The problems with MaxText Treo:

- The application is realy really slow and
    - It doesn't display the name of sender only the phone number so it is rather useless
    Originally posted by ryker
    The problems with MaxText Treo:

- The application is realy really slow and
    - It doesn't display the name of sender only the phone number so it is rather useless
    Hi Ryker

1. How do you quantify 'slow'? - maxTEXT works just as quickly as the inbuilt SMS app... (maxTEXT timed at 2.3 seconds to send one message. Inbuilt SMS app the same time - both messages sent from the same physical location and to the same number)

2. Not correct! It does display the name & the number of the sender... it all depends on how you configure maxTEXT.

Originally posted by Alli

Does that mean that GPRS is not available in Tobago then? I'm thinking of limiting my future travel to those places where my Treo picks up a signal....
    Hey Alli

Hehe, I really don't know what Tobago has to offer for the Treo user as Treo stayed at home. He was a very bad boy the week before (mega hotsync probs). He seems to be on his best behaviour now... but will it last?

I found the problem with slow opening of MaxText Treo .. if you have thousands of addressbook entries (contact) then MaxText will take long time to open ..

Also it will not display the name if you have same numbers with multiple name ..
    Hi ryker,

Thanks for the update.

I have also found a bug with maxTEXT (forwarded to the developers).

Be careful if you have private entries in your addressbook. maxTEXT may not display all contacts.

Unchecking the private tag fixes it... but then your private contacts are no longer 'private'

Hopefully the developers will come out with a fix soon.
    www.gsmworld.com