1.    #1  
    So, I'm writing articles now, and I want to do a major head-to-head of email apps on the treo. Any suggestions as to which apps I should test? so far I've got:

• Eudora Internet Suite
    • Mark/Space Mail
    • TreoMail
    • MultiMail
    • Mail+
    • OneTouch Mail
    • AceMail (whatever that is)
    • eMail (I dunno about this, it has about 5k downloads at PalmGear)

More? I'm a little leery of loading all these apps on my Treo, it may get a little dirty there. But oh well..
    That's a comparison I'd love to read!

I use Eudora which I'm quite happy with.

One problem is that it is not 100% compatible with PowerJOG. I can use the jog dial to start Eudora and retrieve messages, and to flip through messages once I'm reading one, but I can't use the jog dial to get INTO the messages from the list of messages (which is what you see as soon as the checking is done).

I'd love to hear your comments on the "closed lid" usability of the various e-mail programs via PowerJOG.

Where do your articles appear?
    Check out Basejet at http://www.basejet.com/ - I tried it (still beta) and it has a lot of potential for the wireless user. Not sure when it's supposed to release though.

I too look forward to your article.

Kupe
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by hesspaul
    One problem is that it is not 100% compatible with PowerJOG.
    Well, I won't be taking PowerJOG into account...

Where do your articles appear?
    well, if they let me keep writing them, www.treocentral.com .
    I'd recommend taking into account if the mail app is still supported :-) However, if the app is working perfectly, then this isn't an issue.
    Has anybody ever tried mMail or mMail+ from hezArts?

I thought about giving it a try out a while back but never got round to it....
    If you can, take a look at Corsoft's Aileron.

Thanks. I'm very interested in your reviews.
    I would like to see a comparison of how the applications handle attachments and hypertext links. Also (if possible), how the applications differ when they are run on a Treo 90 through a cable to a cell phone. I use a Verizon cell with CDMA, and don't need another telephone.

Looking forward to it.
    Eudora mail is the only one that supports hyperlinks right now (with EudoraWeb). Attachments are handled by Iambic Mail, Multimail Pro (which hasn't been updated in centuries) and Corsoft Aileron.
    When you compare them, can you announce winners in three categories:
    Best of any cost, best value, and best free client
    Well Eudora already win the best free client category since its the only one I know even worth mentioning. The iambic Mail has SMS function which is cool. If youj use Action Names, it integrates with it quite nicely. Still I am not too keen on Iambic as much as I used to because of the Datebk5.com fiasco a few weeks back. So far I am warming up to Mark/Space Mail. I like the Welcome screen they got. I also like the fact that I can use aliases.

Originally posted by jwardell
    and best free client
    Originally posted by yardie
    Well Eudora already win the best free client category since its the only one I know even worth mentioning. The iambic Mail has SMS function which is cool. If youj use Action Names, it integrates with it quite nicely. Still I am not too keen on Iambic as much as I used to because of the Datebk5.com fiasco a few weeks back. So far I am warming up to Mark/Space Mail. I like the Welcome screen they got. I also like the fact that I can use aliases.

Looks like Eudura will be my email client on the 270. Multimail and it's conduit crash too much. I will miss the ability to select more than one message in Multimail.

I don't use the attachement feature, so I wont be missing that.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  13.    #13  
    here are my finalists for review (I'm not keen on reviewing a beta soft):

Mark/Space
    eudora
    Treo Mail
    OneTouch
    Iambic Mailer
    MultiMail Pro
    Corsoft

...any other big dogs I should let into this pack?
    Originally posted by yardie
    Eudora mail is the only one that supports hyperlinks right now (with EudoraWeb). Attachments are handled by Iambic Mail, Multimail Pro (which hasn't been updated in centuries) and Corsoft Aileron.
    BaseJet does links now. I wouldn't say it does them that well, but it does them. Clicking a link pops up Blazer on the bookmarks screen (why I don't know), clicking the icon for the main browser screen will take you to the URL.