1.    #1  
    I am a new Treo owner (past user of Palm III and Visor Platinum), and am not happy about the backlight. Specifically, when the phone rings, the backlight switches on automatically. This sounds great, but in many lighting conditions it makes the screen unreadable. Does anyone know of a hack/app that might allow the backlignt to blink on and off at an acceptable rate (like every 0.5-1.0 seconds) so that the display can be read in all lighting conditions when a call comes in?
    Thanks.
    no such hack exists now, but that would be a PERFECT edition to TC Ringer? SGruby, are you listening?
    Originally posted by jposin
    I am a new Treo owner (past user of Palm III and Visor Platinum), and am not happy about the backlight. Specifically, when the phone rings, the backlight switches on automatically. This sounds great, but in many lighting conditions it makes the screen unreadable. Does anyone know of a hack/app that might allow the backlignt to blink on and off at an acceptable rate (like every 0.5-1.0 seconds) so that the display can be read in all lighting conditions when a call comes in?
    Thanks.
    Can't you just tap the power button 2 times to turn off the backlight after the call comes in?
    Jeff
  4.    #4  
    Yes, you can in fact tap the button twice, but I was hoping for an elegant 'hands'free' solution.
    Originally posted by septimus
    no such hack exists now, but that would be a PERFECT edition to TC Ringer? SGruby, are you listening?

I'm listening! I'm not sure that this is easy to do or doable w/o a hack. TC Ringer doesn't use any hacks and I'd like to keep it that way. I'll take a look in my copious free time :-)
    Originally posted by sgruby
    I'll take a look in my copious free time :-)
    heh. thanks.
    There r some features what can be done only with hacks....
    Why r everybody afraid of using hack?

If its programmed correctly - its no problem with it..

Zsolt
    I'd say that when my Treo rings, a good 75% of the time I can't use the wonderful CallerID info that comes up on the screen because of that damned automatic backlight.

this is one of the two hacks I'm dying to find and would pay for - the other of course being the hack that would allow me to put the speakerphone immediately after dialing a call....

please, help us out, programmers!
    Would really love to Answer an incomming call using the Speakerphone with a single stroke.

p.s. - It is so annoying, that in order to do so, I will probably have to keep the lid open while driving, which is not too secure.