1.    #1  
    I've read in other thread that the 270 case will be a dark graphite color, but in the FCC photos it's bronze (and awful). Does anyone know for sure?
    all I can speak of is the one that I saw at my PUG meeting a couple months ago. It was dark graphite. Given the overall quality of the FCC pics, I'd say that the apparent color is a result of poor or non-white lighting for the photograph. Don't worry, They're not stupid enough to make a device aimed at corporate america in a gawy color like bronze.
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
    GregGaub wrote:
    Given the overall quality of the FCC pics, I'd say that the apparent color is a result of poor or non-white lighting for the photograph. Don't worry, They're not stupid enough to make a device aimed at corporate america in a gawy color like bronze.

Man, do I hope you're right. That bronze color reeks. I don't think that poor lighting was the culprit, though. The body is bronze, while the keys are black. It's probably a prototype, as is the Treo 180k pic in my avatar -- also from the FCC.
    Try the color of the Visor Pro on for size...I think you'll like the color of the Treo 270.
    As I remember it, the Pro is darker and translucent, which is better than the 270 pictured at the FCC. My Kyo Smartphone is grey with black trim, and while I love the phone's functionality I'd still prefer a black or graphite alternative.

I'll still get the 270 either way. Form and function are the decisive selling points.
  6.    #6  
    I guess that we can all just wait until next week to see. I do know that if the only choice is bronze, and it's as bad as those photos, the yuck factor may outweight form and function.
    Unfortunately for me, the 270 (or any Treo to date) is unreleased until the CDMA version is out. A graphite GSM 270 from Handspring next week would give me hope, but I'll still have to wait another few weeks for Sprint's version.