Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hi there,

I wonder what app you use to get and send emails with your Treo.

I had a bad experience with MultiMail PRO demo I just tried: it recently gave me a memory fatal exception just after a select-all-delete operation; I made a soft reset: the same! then a warm reset: the same! Then I had to make an hard reset and erase everything: now my Treo is ok and I suddenly removed MultiMail.

Furthermore, it gave me "out of memory" error when I press "get headers" button on some NNTP profiles, even if I got Treo memory almost free and the newsgroup has got few messages...

So, what's your opinion about mail apps? here are my requirements:

- multi pop-smtp with separated accounts;
    - download headers only

thank you.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Originally posted by matro
    hi there,

I wonder what app you use to get and send emails with your Treo.

So, what's your opinion about mail apps? here are my requirements:

- multi pop-smtp with separated accounts;
    - download headers only

thank you.
    Mark/Space Mail will do these items (and more). To download headers only in Mark/Space Mail, just set the maximum message size to 1K or something like that. As for the separated accounts, just setup filters to drop the mail in different "folders".

Give it a test drive and see if it meets your needs. I use it everyday on my Treo. (I wrote it so I'm a bit biased, but you can try out the demo and make your own decision.)
    I can't find Mark/Space Mail on your site.

I'd like to revise the question though: What FREE mail app do you suggest? I only need it on rare occasions, and have just been using mail2pda with Blazer.
    Originally posted by jwardell
    I can't find Mark/Space Mail on your site.
    Mark/Space Mail can be found at: <http://www.markspace.com/>
    Any plans to add auto-connect schedules to Mark/Space Mail?
    0x68452D6E: 914B FFE7 1C00 7B63 04D1 051D BA18 9B5D 6845 2D6E
    Originally posted by wronkiew
    Any plans to add auto-connect schedules to Mark/Space Mail?
    I believe there are. Unfortunately I don't know when.
    I have been waiting for this feature for some time. I hope that it is in the next version.

Originally posted by sgruby

I believe there are. Unfortunately I don't know when.
    Does anyone know of a mail app besides Eudora which allows the user to click on hyperlinks in a message? Eudora works fine, but only with its own browser, and I'd like to avoid having two browsers on my Treo (plus I like Blazer better).
    Corsoft Aileron lets you click on hyperlinks, read and edit attachments and more. Try it at www.corsoft.com.

Dan
    Doesn't the Treo Already come with a mail program called One-Touch. Mine did, and it works great. Does everything I need it to do.

Why bother getting another email program if this one does everything already? Is there some major problems with this mail program, and why does it seem that nobody is using it?
    I quit using One Touch and switched to Eudora because of the synching ability with my desktop. If I delete a mail on my Treo it deletes the same mail on my desktop and vica versa.
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    I've tried them all, and I keep coming back to Eudora, despite the fact that it !$%@#%@#$^ up caps and can't handle the "..." key, and despite the fact that I think there is/will be 0 support for it.

...it just has the best filtering and options, the cleanest interface bar none, and it's relatively speedy.

...I did like the fact that treomail let me use their SMTP server to send mail, so I wouldn't have to use my MUCH slower ISP to send...

...You know, I'm thinking I'm going to install a whole bunch of email apps one of these days and do a head-to-head.

yo.
    Originally posted by septimus
    I've tried them all, and I keep coming back to Eudora, despite the fact that it !$%@#%@#$^ up caps and can't handle the "..." key, and despite the fact that I think there is/will be 0 support for it.
    Mark/Space Mail definitely has support.

...it just has the best filtering and options, the cleanest interface bar none, and it's relatively speedy.
    I beg to differ on the cleanest interface...the app doesn't adhere to Palm user interface guidelines (check out the locations of the buttons). In my biased opinion, it is not a great example of good user interface. As for speed, some people have said that Mark/Space Mail is faster; I haven't used Eudora extensively to know. I find Mark/Space Mail to be very fast. What kind of filtering do you need? Mark/Space Mail has some pretty good filters.

...I did like the fact that treomail let me use their SMTP server to send mail, so I wouldn't have to use my MUCH slower ISP to send...
    You might want to try to find a mail server that support SMTP authentication, then you don't have to dial in to your ISP. I already dropped my dialup ISP (I have a cable modem) and when I send mail, I use SMTP authentication to send through my own mail server. Maybe I should start a service and let people use my mail server for outboung mail :-)

As the author of Mark/Space Mail, I'm extremely biased. However, I do have experience writing email applications as I wrote Eudora for Newton and worked on Eudora for Macintosh for awhile. Eudora for Palm was written by someone that didn't know handhelds and didn't know user interface. This is just my opinion and take it for whatever you think it is worth.

BTW, Mark/Space Mail has at least one Treo specific feature and that is it displays the signal strength/battery indicator in the upper right corner.

Cheers!
    Thanks for the response, sgruby! It's a rare developer that has the guts to identify themselves on a message board, much less help out folks with their products.

I'll probably get into my nit-picks with multimail in the review... my initial thoughts is that it just happens to not be right for me, but otherwise is fine.. I'm currently unloading all my mail apps in preparation for the big load, so I can't really comment now without it in front of me.

. . . To download headers only in Mark/Space Mail, just set the maximum message size to 1K or something like that. ...
    But what I can't tell from this on your site - can I selectively choose which emails to download and which ones to leave on the server. It doesn't appear that I can. This function is the one I need. I found one other program that does it but it lacks filtering. Put them both together and it's the email app I want.
    SGruby,

I am really like Mark/Space mail. But I am really annoyed by the lack of specific error mesages. I am having a problem connecting to one of my mail accounts and all I get for it is "communication failure". Specific error messages would help me isolate the problem. The error that it is giving now is very vague.

Mark/Space Mail definitely has support.

Experience the excitement yourself of the highly anticipated launch of
    One-Touch Mail version 4.0. JP Mobile's full-featured mobile e-mail
    application for the Palm OS is more robust than ever before.

Some of the new features include:
    * Easy to use User Interface
    * Supports IMAP
    * Supports SMTP authentication
    * Supports SSL
    * Create up to 16 different POP3 or IMAP accounts

Order One-Touch Mail 4.0 for $29.95 or download a free 30-day trial version
    today on www.handango.com

Link to the FAQ's for One-Touch Mail v4.0:
    www.jpmobile.com/OTM4/FAQ
    Download it here.

No upgrade from previous versions
    Jeff
    $29.95 for a sucky product? Gimme a break I would rather pay $10 less for Mark/Space Mail or Iambic Mail...or get Eudora for free.
    I was using OneTouch Email and it worked fine.
    I did a HARD reset of my Treo.

WHERE do I find this One-Touchsoftware so that I can re-install this on my Treo?

thank you.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Scott-

Does Mark/Space Mail let me only send on one account, and only receive on another account?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast