Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In my never ending search for the perfect email app (One that sync and also has no message limit), I have tried most of the major palm apps.

Including the newest One Touch.

The new one touch didn't display an html correctly. There were no spaces between words. The old one had no problem with it.

Rick99999 it should be on the cd that came with the treo. Under a folder call JPmobile(?).

I just install all the files except for the pdf file. I think if you run setup the treo program in the handspring folder, it will install it too.

The search continues. For not I use Eudora to get my sync email and the old one touch to download emails that I get on one account.

I wish the was a way to make eudora gety the whole email, but it looks like it stops at 64000 characters no matter what you put in the download settings.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by yardie
    SGruby,

I am really like Mark/Space mail. But I am really annoyed by the lack of specific error mesages. I am having a problem connecting to one of my mail accounts and all I get for it is "communication failure". Specific error messages would help me isolate the problem. The error that it is giving now is very vague.

Is this sending or receiving? "Communication failure" is, of course, very generic, but seems to usually mean that M/S Mail can't make a TCP connection to your mail server. Can you give any additional information, i.e. your POP3 server address, SMTP server address, etc.? If you are sending mail, does your server allow sending mail from outside your ISP?

Support questions are most quickly answered by sending them to support@markspace.com. I sometimes look here and respond on my own time, so you won't get the quickest response.
    Originally posted by smalis
    Scott-

Does Mark/Space Mail let me only send on one account, and only receive on another account?
    Yes. M/S Mail will send mail for all accounts that have outgoing mail, but will only check mail for accounts that you have specifically set the "check" flag.
    Originally posted by sgruby
    I beg to differ on the cleanest interface...the app doesn't adhere to Palm user interface guidelines (check out the locations of the buttons). In my biased opinion, it is not a great example of good user interface. As for speed, some people have said that Mark/Space Mail is faster; I haven't used Eudora extensively to know. I find Mark/Space Mail to be very fast. What kind of filtering do you need? Mark/Space Mail has some pretty good filters.
    I'm a loyal Eudora user but I agree with your comments about the interface. You shouldn't have to go through a series of menus to check your mail.

I just downloaded Mark/Space Mail and it seems to have a better interface. It's definitely faster than Eudora, too.

BUT... it appears to be missing a very important feature (to me). In Eudora, you can choose to "retrieve only filtered" messages or "retrieve all except skipped" messages. It's basically useless to me without this feature, because I don't want to download all the mailing lists and other miscellaneous stuff onto my Treo.

Is there some solution that I'm not finding, or is this feature scheduled for a future upgrade?
    Originally posted by rosswords

BUT... it appears to be missing a very important feature (to me). In Eudora, you can choose to "retrieve only filtered" messages or "retrieve all except skipped" messages. It's basically useless to me without this feature, because I don't want to download all the mailing lists and other miscellaneous stuff onto my Treo.

Is there some solution that I'm not finding, or is this feature scheduled for a future upgrade?
    You can set the maximum message size to 1K and it will only download headers; then you can download the headers, choose the ones you want and then check again to download.

I believe it is on the to do list to add a filter option that says "Mark for download" and one that says "Mark for deletion". You would set the maximum message size to 1K, check your mail once (all the filters will be run on the messages) and then check your mail a second time for the messages that were marked to download to be downloaded.

One of the reasons that Mark/Space Mail is faster is that Eudora appears to get the first 1-2K of each message TWICE. The first time to check to see if it should be downloaded (based on the filter) and the second time to actually download the message. Over a slow link, this is extremely slow.
    Originally posted by sgruby

You can set the maximum message size to 1K and it will only download headers; then you can download the headers, choose the ones you want and then check again to download.

I believe it is on the to do list to add a filter option that says "Mark for download" and one that says "Mark for deletion". You would set the maximum message size to 1K, check your mail once (all the filters will be run on the messages) and then check your mail a second time for the messages that were marked to download to be downloaded.
    That will work as long as you don't have to check your mail twice. I want to be able to set a filter so I can download certain messages and ignore others. Otherwise, I have to go online twice. (I set my preferences to disconnect after checking my mail, so I can start the process and forget about it.)

One of the reasons that Mark/Space Mail is faster is that Eudora appears to get the first 1-2K of each message TWICE. The first time to check to see if it should be downloaded (based on the filter) and the second time to actually download the message. Over a slow link, this is extremely slow.
    Yes, that's the part of Eudora that takes forever. It takes as long to check the messages as to download them. Your program doesn't download the messages any faster, but it seems to check them much more quickly.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12