Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 71
  1.    #1  
    I just saw that Electric Pocket has released a tool called Stretch which does the following:

    1) Turns the phone on after a reset
    2) Turns the phone off at a specified time (each day)
    3) Turns the phone at a specified time (each day)

    While this is a good idea, I think that the $9.95 price tag is about $9.95 more than I'm willing to pay.

    As a service to the Treo community, I have expanded a tool I was working on for the Treo to do everything that Stretch does and am releasing it as freeware. The tool is called Treo Tools and the first beta can be found at:

    <http://www.notifymail.com/palm/TreoTools10b1.prc.zip>

    I'll be adding more features to this when I get feedback. (Right now Treo Tools only does what Stretch does...some features I'm been working on haven't been successful.)

    If you'd like to be informed of new releases, please subscribe to the Treo Users list setup at: <http://www.notifymail.com/mailman/listinfo/treo-users>

    (And yes, I do realize that I spent more than $9.95 of my time on this tool.)
  2. #2  
    Dear Scott.

    I like your approach, will try it, and registered the mailing list.

    Following is a list of issues I have posted to HS Support - As I assume they will not handle it - see if you can.

    p.s. - ignore the HW issues...

    Thanks in advance

    Kobi

    Other Features which could have improved the product:
    1. Microphone & Speaker location, does not allow to Answer calls / re-dial with lid closed.
    2. Start call / answer using the loudspeaker, or at least allowing to switch to it using one of the buttons instead of on screen button which is cumbersome.
    3. Create SMS Groups and being able to send by it.
    4. Allow extra digits in main phone number, to reduce the discomfort of activating them manually even when manual use is not required - Auto login to my voice mail works fine with Ericsson phone but is unavailable in TREO.
    5. Beam Business card by phone button (at least when lead is closed) or similar method was reduced from Visor features.
    6. Lack of Periodic purge in call history (being able to set it to Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or n entries)
    7. Integration of EyeModule or common types of Photos or Face Identikits sketch in contacts list would have been a nice gimmick.
    8. Being able to configure the Emergency number to adopt to other countries would be helpful.
    9. An option to show additional characters in phone book contacts list would be useful - It's great that it identifies the number from other items - but there is no way to see name of a person in each extensions, when you have several Work fields under the same company for instance. (In Visor it showed part of the information, and here there are lots of unused empty space)
  3. #3  
    Thanks Scott - seems to work so far...

    Paul
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by halperin
    2. Start call / answer using the loudspeaker, or at least allowing to switch to it using one of the buttons instead of on screen button which is cumbersome.
    3. Create SMS Groups and being able to send by it.
    4. Allow extra digits in main phone number, to reduce the discomfort of activating them manually even when manual use is not required - Auto login to my voice mail works fine with Ericsson phone but is unavailable in TREO.
    5. Beam Business card by phone button (at least when lead is closed) or similar method was reduced from Visor features.
    6. Lack of Periodic purge in call history (being able to set it to Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or n entries)
    7. Integration of EyeModule or common types of Photos or Face Identikits sketch in contacts list would have been a nice gimmick.
    8. Being able to configure the Emergency number to adopt to other countries would be helpful.
    9. An option to show additional characters in phone book contacts list would be useful - It's great that it identifies the number from other items - but there is no way to see name of a person in each extensions, when you have several Work fields under the same company for instance. (In Visor it showed part of the information, and here there are lots of unused empty space)
    Of the items you've mentioned, the only one that wouldn't be a hack would be purging of call history items (#6). #9 and #5 can be handled by third party address book applications (I use Action Names and just tried #5 and it worked.)

    I'll see about implementing #6 in Treo Tools. Thanks for the feedback and keep sending the ideas!
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by sgruby
    #5 can be handled by third party address book applications (I use Action Names and just tried #5 and it worked.)
    You missed his point about #5. Visors allow you to beam your business card simply by holding down one hardware button, even if your PDA is off. He doesn't want to have to launch an app and select a menu item, he just wants to hold down a button and beam his card. Seems to me this would be a valuable hack.
    Jeff
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by PDAENVY


    You missed his point about #5. Visors allow you to beam your business card simply by holding down one hardware button, even if your PDA is off. He doesn't want to have to launch an app and select a menu item, he just wants to hold down a button and beam his card. Seems to me this would be a valuable hack.
    Actually I didn't miss the point. I have assigned the DateBook button to Action Names and holding the datebook button down with the lid closed beams my business card.

    In order to keep my Treo stable, I'm trying to avoid writing hacks (I'm sure others would appreciate this as the Treo probably crashes often enough without me writing hacks).
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by sgruby


    Actually I didn't miss the point. I have assigned the DateBook button to Action Names and holding the datebook button down with the lid closed beams my business card.
    My bad - I use AN as well, and I tried the phone button that didn't work. I didn't think to try the DateBook button (which I also have mapped to AN).

    Cool! Thanks for the tip!
    Jeff
  8. jackson40's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #8  
    Sorry to get off subject but....

    Has anyone figured out how to dial a contact directly from datebook? It seems like it should be a no brainer....
  9. #9  
    iDial will allow you to dial from any selected number anywhere just like the old VisorPhone feature. iDial is a hack.

    PS for Sgruby: Any chance of you tackling a mute button for Treo 180?
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by meta_dave
    PS for Sgruby: Any chance of you tackling a mute button for Treo 180?
    I'm not sure that this is possible from software. I've looked at the developer documentation and didn't see any indications that this was possible.
  11. jackson40's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #11  
    In ActionNames Datebook you can specify a link to a contact name (from the ActionNames database) - but there does not appear to be a way to dial the contact from within Action Names Datebook....
  12. #12  
    Originally posted by jackson40
    In ActionNames Datebook you can specify a link to a contact name (from the ActionNames database) - but there does not appear to be a way to dial the contact from within Action Names Datebook....
    Version 5.* does "SmartPhone dialing". See here.

    "ActionNames 5.0 is a free upgrade to anyone who has purchased ActionNames after 9/1/2001"
    Jeff
  13. jackson40's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #13  
    I have 5.2 and while you can dial direct from the action names view you can't from the datebook view (that I can tell)....
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by jackson40
    I have 5.2 and while you can dial direct from the action names view you can't from the datebook view (that I can tell)....
    Gotcha! I just today got 5, so to me this is a cool new feature, even if it doesn't do what you want.
    Jeff
  15. #15  
    Originally posted by meta_dave
    iDial will allow you to dial from any selected number anywhere just like the old VisorPhone feature. iDial is a hack.

    PS for Sgruby: Any chance of you tackling a mute button for Treo 180?
    I like IDial but it uses the same commands as my most used hack -- Switcheroo. Emailed the author about giving us some more commands and he hasn't responded after several weeks.
  16. #16  
    Great program, I have been able to get the phone to shut itself off, turn itself on after a reset. but it doesn't come on, the unit comes on but not the cell phone. Any suggestions?? thanks
  17.    #17  
    Originally posted by ingcastillo
    Great program, I have been able to get the phone to shut itself off, turn itself on after a reset. but it doesn't come on, the unit comes on but not the cell phone. Any suggestions?? thanks
    Make sure that you have the time set correctly. You should hear the tones when it powers up. Try turning the phone off and then setting it to come on a few minutes from now. Make sure you have the AM/PM set.
  18. #18  
    thanks srugby! I'm using this program for the past two days and it works fine.
  19. #19  
    Thank you for making this application free, I wanted to get Stretch but not willing to pay 9.95.

    I have a suggestion that would be very useful at least for me:

    Ability to setup the "on/of time" for each day of the week. I usually leave my Treo on much later on Saturdays and Sundays than during weekdays.

    Thank you again!
  20.    #20  
    Originally posted by UserDeLuxe
    I have a suggestion that would be very useful at least for me:

    Ability to setup the "on/of time" for each day of the week. I usually leave my Treo on much later on Saturdays and Sundays than during weekdays.

    Thank you again!
    Excellent suggestion! I'll see about adding it in the next version.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions