Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I have TreoTools installed on my new Treo300, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $it$ $does$ $not$ $work$.

TreoTools is available in the Program list
    Enable Phone on Reset YES is highlighted
    Enable On/Off times YES is highlighted

On = 6:30AM
    Off = 11:00PM

Reset results in Wireless Mode is off
    and the ON off setting seem to have no effect.

Anyone else w 300 experiencing similar problems?
    --
    George
    Sgruby, the developer said earlier that it does not work. He needs to get a hold of a Treo 300 to update it so that it works.
    Where is the developer located? I have enough people looking for this "missing" feature that I might be able to get him one.

homer
    it's a gr8 little app. one function i'd about kill for is the ability to close the &*#% lid WITHOUT disconnecting a call (obviously assuming one is using the headset).
    Originally posted by MachBoy
    it's a gr8 little app. one function i'd about kill for is the ability to close the &*#% lid WITHOUT disconnecting a call (obviously assuming one is using the headset).
    I close the lid of my Treo 300 in the middle of a call while using the headset and it doesn't disconnect it.

Geoffrey
    well - I am another person for whom Treo Tools (a very good app otherwise) is unusable because I am not allowed by my network operator to remove PIN check from my SIM card.
    On the other hand I still don't understand the TT author's standpoint. Since all who is currently using TT does this without PIN security, why it would be more dangerous to have the TT enter PIN itself? I simply don't get it (having read all your posts)! If the author thinks that this may threaten some compromise security of some users (who on the contrary are brave enough to install this app), why don't he just displays a big bad warrning message box?

Again. The app would be great for me if it could only enter this bloody PIN. In the current state it has no use for me.

just wanted to say this for the author to reconsider this convtroversial feature
    This program is no longer Freeware and costs $7.50 to buy.
  8.    #68  
    Originally posted by mieczotronix
    well - I am another person for whom Treo Tools (a very good app otherwise) is unusable because I am not allowed by my network operator to remove PIN check from my SIM card.
    On the other hand I still don't understand the TT author's standpoint. Since all who is currently using TT does this without PIN security, why it would be more dangerous to have the TT enter PIN itself? I simply don't get it (having read all your posts)! If the author thinks that this may threaten some compromise security of some users (who on the contrary are brave enough to install this app), why don't he just displays a big bad warrning message box?

Again. The app would be great for me if it could only enter this bloody PIN. In the current state it has no use for me.

just wanted to say this for the author to reconsider this convtroversial feature
    In order for TreoTools to enter the PIN, it would have to store the PIN. In order to do this, the PIN should be encrypted. However, in order to encrypt it, the app would need a key. Since the key would need to be stored in the app, someone would figure out the key and then decrypt your PIN (I'm over simplifying, but as far as I know for simple cryptography, there isn't an easy way to preven this).

I understand where you're coming from in that your operator requires the PIN; my original objection is for users that put the PIN in themselves and wanted TreoTools to enter it.

I'll consider it, but there have only been a few requests for it (it doesn't appear that any US operator requires the PIN).
  9.    #69  
    Originally posted by Sanjay
    This program is no longer Freeware and costs $7.50 to buy.
    That is correct; while I would have liked to keep it free, charging for it was the only way that I could justify adding new features. The initial application was written in 2 hours, so making it freeware was an easy decision. Since then, I have poured countless hours into it to add Treo 300 support, fix bugs, and most recently, add the ability to have multiple on/off times.
    Your program has been well worth the money I spent to register it. This is something that should have built into the phone. The Kyocera smartphone has it.

-Bill
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    This is to sgruby:
    > In order for TreoTools to enter the PIN, it would have
    > to store the PIN.
    correct

> In order to do this, the PIN should be encrypted.
    no it should not - why bother ? - just display a message that PIN is not encrypted and you bear no responsibility for its misue

> However, in order to encrypt it, the app would need a key.
    now yuou're exaggerating

> Since the key would need to be stored in the app, someone
    > would figure out the key and then decrypt your PIN
    I don't get it. You're not supposed to design a bank here. It's just a plain app that enters my PIN. First of all if this someone gets hold of my phone to play with it and try misuse my PIN or phone or whatever my case is by no means different from other users' of your app who turned off PIN security.
    Why then it's me who has to suffer?

anyway - you have yourself gave me an idea on how to overcome this problem and your objection.

simply just add this PIN auto-unlock feature to your app and if you don't want unaware users using it - make this function password protected. so anyone who wants to use it would need a special password that when entered during installation (just once - not every time Treo wakes up ) he or she just enters this password and may use pIN unlock at his or hers will.

I am a programmer and I am sure this function is worth those extra n x $7.5 you will be getting. Or tu put it otherwise: don't force me to learn Palm programming - or I just become yuour competitor with my app that does the thing.
    regards
    Chris
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234