Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Excellent app! 3 cheers for freewear developers!

One thing that would be nice is a feature for multiple times.

For example, I need to turn the phone off at 7 or 8, on at 11:30 and off at 1, and on again at 5. There's no reception at work, so i'd like it on for Lunch and times when I'm actually not working (which always seems like not nearly enough time at it should be these days...).

Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by chrisfoster; 05/17/2002 at 08:59 PM.
    -- Go Illini!
    ..also if a meeting is specified in the datebook, it will be good if the phone goes to vibrate mode 5 mins before the meeting when the reminder comes up..and turn back automatically to normal ringer mode when the meeting is over..i think it is getting too complex for a freeware.
    Hi sgruby! :-)

Your program is very cool!!! :-)

My SIM is locked by PIN code. Is great protection for illegal access.
    Treotools switching on phone, and ask lock code. Is grand problem. Not working automatically. :-(
    It is possible optional settings for PIN code? And automatically entering PIN code?
  4.    #24  
    Originally posted by itanczos
    Hi sgruby! :-)

Your program is very cool!!! :-)

My SIM is locked by PIN code. Is great protection for illegal access.
    Treotools switching on phone, and ask lock code. Is grand problem. Not working automatically. :-(
    It is possible optional settings for PIN code? And automatically entering PIN code?
    That's kind of stupid...if the app unlocks the phone automatically, why bother locking the SIM? I assume that you choose to lock the SIM.
    Originally posted by sgruby

That's kind of stupid...if the app unlocks the phone automatically, why bother locking the SIM? I assume that you choose to lock the SIM.
    Hm... Possible...
    Goto the phone app, click the option menu, and tap the phone prefrences. From there uncheck pin number, and than type in your PIN to disable it.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Originally posted by miradu
    Goto the phone app, click the option menu, and tap the phone prefrences. From there uncheck pin number, and than type in your PIN to disable it.
    Thank's miradu!!!

This not new info.
    Can you add a feature to _keep_ the phone on, say by
    turning it on every 5 minutes if it's turned itself off?
    I tend to drift in and out of coverage, and the treo turns
    itself off after a while with no reception.
  9.    #29  
    Originally posted by logan6
    This is possible and is what I have experimented with in the past, but it wasn't working properly. I'll take a further look at it and see if I can get it to work reliably.
    Is there a place where we can keep a TREO features Wish List ?

As now all those requests spread across several Chat's - it is harder to know what requests where posted & or implemented, in case someone wishes to find solution or write one.
    Also this could be a feedback source to TREO developers in Handspring and others.
    Both for HW & SW limitations.

This might improve future models of the TREO too.
    I think u didnt understand Itanczos, I think he did NOT say stupid things.

He was just suggest, Treo tools should have an option where u can set ur PIN code and Treotools can write automatically PIN number to Treo when Treo tools switch on the phone...

Its could be a very usefull thing, because normally everybody use PIN code avoiding stolen or lost phone, so now if Treotools switches the phone automatically - in fact its not switched on because it halted at the stage of pin code request.

So Treo tools at this point could use that PIN number what should set in it... and in this way Treotools could switch on that Treo too which PIN locked....

another thing...

I found a bug: Treotools cannot recognise the minute setup if u set the time when u want to switch it on or off. There is only one caracter long to set up a minute. so i think its a bug.

I m sorry if somebody found this bug earlier....

Zsolt
  12.    #32  
    Originally posted by zsozso
    I think u didnt understand Itanczos, I think he did NOT say stupid things.

He was just suggest, Treo tools should have an option where u can set ur PIN code and Treotools can write automatically PIN number to Treo when Treo tools switch on the phone...

Its could be a very usefull thing, because normally everybody use PIN code avoiding stolen or lost phone, so now if Treotools switches the phone automatically - in fact its not switched on because it halted at the stage of pin code request.

So Treo tools at this point could use that PIN number what should set in it... and in this way Treotools could switch on that Treo too which PIN locked....
    The point is that if you put your password in Treo Tools, why bother having a password. If the phone automatically comes on, then anyone can use your phone after it comes on. In addition, the password would not be stored securely in the unit, so someone could break it. I actually don't know anyone that uses a PIN on his/her phone...it is just a pain. If someone steals the phone, you call your provider and cancel the phone. Unfortunately, for you, I will not put this feature in Treo Tools as it could be used by people who don't realize what is going on and then I could get blamed because someone used their phone without entering a PIN. Sorry.

I found a bug: Treotools cannot recognise the minute setup if u set the time when u want to switch it on or off. There is only one caracter long to set up a minute. so i think its a bug.
    I don't understand. I can set the time to be 7:11 or whatever time I want. It uses the standard Palm time picker.
    Sgruby,

The problem with the time is that if I set a time I can see just for example: 16.2 and I want to see 16.22. Its working good, but it doesnt show the correct time on the screen....

About the Pin security... Maybe our opinion r different. I think treo tools is a good program, but if i use a pin number for my treo, if treotools wants to switch on my phone it cant do it, because it stops at the stage of pin code request...

SOrry it is my and some of my friends opinion who uses this nice program....

Zsolt
    if i use a pin number for my treo, if treotools wants to switch on my phone it cant do it, because it stops at the stage of pin code request...
    Isn't this a little like locking your front door and asking to be allowed you leave your side door unlocked?

The point of the PIN is to lock your phone. Making software unlock with PIN automatically would allow anyone to use your phone. Why would you want the bother of locking your phone when it might be automatically unlocked for anybody?
    Jeff
    zsozso, i still don't think you understand.

why do you use a PIN for your phone? I'm guessing it's for security, so that if you lose your phone or it gets stolen, the person who finds or steals it cannot use the phone, since he or she doesn't know what your pin is and therefore cannot unlock it.

if TreoTools were to store your PIN in memory and then use it to unlock and turn on the phone AUTOMATICALLY, then it's just the same as if you had your phone UNLOCKED, and weren't using your PIN at all! it would defeat the purpose of having PIN security enabled to begin with! why not just disable the PIN security on your treo through the phone app's preferences, and then use TreoTools? It has the same exact effect.

Sgruby,

The problem with the time is that if I set a time I can see just for example: 16.2 and I want to see 16.22. Its working good, but it doesnt show the correct time on the screen....

About the Pin security... Maybe our opinion r different. I think treo tools is a good program, but if i use a pin number for my treo, if treotools wants to switch on my phone it cant do it, because it stops at the stage of pin code request...

SOrry it is my and some of my friends opinion who uses this nice program....

Zsolt
  16.    #36  
    Sgruby,

OK, this only happens if you display the time as HH:MM instead of HH:MM am/pm.

I'll fix this in the next version.
  17.    #37  
    I've posted a new version at:

<http://www.notifymail.com/palm/TreoTools.prc.zip>

The only change is that the time triggers now work properly with 24 hour time.
    This seems like a great app, but maybe you can explain to a simpleton its various uses beyond...

1) Saving battery life during non-waking hours
    2) Fwd calls to voice mail during non-waking hours

Windy
  19.    #39  
    Originally posted by Windy
    This seems like a great app, but maybe you can explain to a simpleton its various uses beyond...

1) Saving battery life during non-waking hours
    2) Fwd calls to voice mail during non-waking hours

Windy
    That's pretty much it. There is no rocket science behind it; my main goal in releasing it was to give people an alternative to the $9.95 Stretch program that appears to do the same thing.

For me, the biggest thing is turning on the radio after a reset.
    The Treo should not be turning itself off when you are out of a coverage area. It should automatically come back on when you are coverage. This is a defect. Get the unit replaced if it is a problem for you.[

QUOTE]Originally posted by logan6
    [/QUOTE]
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast