1.    #1  
    Hi,

I am having problems with SMS messages sent by my service provider. The text I receive is nonesense and Handspring.co.uk help line suggest that this is due to logos being sent with the SMS message (is this EMS?).

Does the Visorphone update that I have seen links to solve this problem? or do I have to use other software in conjunction with the Visorphone to actually read the message.

Thanks
    Nic Hughes
    What VisorPhone update?
  3.    #3  
    I have read that there is an update to Visorphone version 1.0.1 on the development site. The URL is in some of the other Visorcentral threads
    Nic Hughes
    Originally posted by romanov
    I have read that there is an update to Visorphone version 1.0.1 on the development site. The URL is in some of the other Visorcentral threads
    The link is here, but it doesn't look like a bug fix, just "VisorPhone Update to enable 3rd party SMS apps "

Send yourself an SMS (or send me your address and I'll SMS you). Does that work?
    Jeff
  5.    #5  
    An SMS message to myself caused a crash and I lost the incoming message after reset!

I'll get a colleague to SMS me.
    Nic Hughes
  6.    #6  
    A normal SMS comes through fine. The only problems that I have are messages from the service provider and SMS messages sent from PC via the web.
    Nic Hughes
  7.    #7  
    This is the memo dump of a recent message

Date: 14/5/02 20:28
    Your request for WEEKLY WAP is be\Gamma@\Xi _$@L_@(\Phi( Vq@@$*\Delta$'$2\Theta.Ť<Nd-tZX8I\Thetat\Xi
    \Lambda=Ťm.=<>LlJ<Tl=.\Lambdal\Lambda\DeltafE\Pi4,L

Anyone translate?
    Nic Hughes
    This is the memo dump of a recent message

Date: 14/5/02 20:28
    Your request for WEEKLY WAP is be\Gamma@\Xi _$@L_@(\Phi( Vq@@$*\Delta$'$2\Theta.Ť<Nd-tZX8I\Thetat\Xi
    \Lambda=Ťm.=<>LlJ<Tl=.\Lambdal\Lambda\DeltafE\Pi4,L

Anyone translate?
    I'm not sure SMS is compatible with WAP - could that be the problem?
    Jeff
    An SMS message to myself caused a crash and I lost the incoming message after reset!

I'll get a colleague to SMS me.
    SMS message to myself works fine for me.
    Jeff
  10.    #10  
    The text message was about a service called Weekly WAP that allows me to have 200 minutes of data calls for 1.49 (about $1). It was an auto-response to a SMS message I had just sent to the service provider.

This is not a WAP page.

The crash I had with the self SMS in fact caused a total freeze of the system. The return message arrived before the outgoing message screens had clear (yes it was that quick) so I guess this was a problem with the lack of multi-tasking on the Palm OS. I soft reseted to clear the freeze but lost the incoming SMS data.
    Nic Hughes