1.    #1  
    I use Ringo, which I recommend very highly, especially 2.0 which allows distinctive rings for different callers. (I wish I could set it to a ring based on a contacts catagory type, but perhaps in the next update! )

BUT I do want to warn all of you to TURN OFF your phone (disconnect from the cellphone network) while editing or creating ringtones. If someone calls you while you are composing a ringtone it will crash your Treo HARD. It will require a hard reset, losing all data and even requiring you to go throught the whole configuring your Treo process again. This applies even if you have a good complete backup via a program like backup buddy.

Good luck and godspeed
  2.    #2  
    I'm curious, has this happened to anyone else?
    Not with Ringo, but I've had a similar crash or two when the Treo seemed to be on "wireless overload." I'd either be in the process of making a call and an SMS would come in, or browsing and an SMS came in. The whole unit would go on the fritz, requiring resets. (Soft, rather than hard, did the trick for me.) Both of these happened when I had the unit on vibrate; I haven't had the problems since I took my unit off vibrate.
    Originally posted by pbryon
    I'd either be in the process of making a call and an SMS would come in, or browsing and an SMS came in. The whole unit would go on the fritz, requiring resets. (Soft, rather than hard, did the trick for me.) Both of these happened when I had the unit on vibrate; I haven't had the problems since I took my unit off vibrate.
    I've got the exact same problem! Granted, I just thought it was a weird glitch of my unit, but I guess not! However, I have to check to see if mine only happens with vibrate only.
    If this is a wide spread problem, then HS needs a fix.
    I am using 'Ringo3 Beta3' and there seems to be a major bug with it. Everytime I receive a call while the lid to the Treo is open the phone just hangs and I have to reset the Treo to make it work again. This does not happen when the lid is closed.
    I suggest everyone stay away from Ringo, atleast until the bugs are ironed out.
    i have been using the beta ringo and have not had any problems with lid opened or closed
    Originally posted by Sanjay
    I am using 'Ringo3 Beta3' and there seems to be a major bug with it. Everytime I receive a call while the lid to the Treo is open the phone just hangs and I have to reset the Treo to make it work again. This does not happen when the lid is closed.
    I suggest everyone stay away from Ringo, atleast until the bugs are ironed out.
    I just set Ringo 3 beta up as well and had the same crash with the lid open. If anyone has any answers I'd appreciate it.

a
    Why no one is trying TCRinger? This is what I am using and it is great! No crashes and the user interface is very nice and intuitive. Ringo is not very intuitive and leave a lot to me desired despite the fancy photo id stuff. I keep getting myself to like the program and keep deleting it in frustration.
    Originally posted by yardie
    Why no one is trying TCRinger? This is what I am using and it is great! No crashes and the user interface is very nice and intuitive. Ringo is not very intuitive and leave a lot to me desired despite the fancy photo id stuff. I keep getting myself to like the program and keep deleting it in frustration.
    Well, TC ringer costs $5 more than Ringo. Plus purchasing ringtones is expensive when you can just convert them from Palm OS alarm sounds with Ringo.

Later,
    Rob
    Originally posted by rmcalister

Well, TC ringer costs $5 more than Ringo. Plus purchasing ringtones is expensive when you can just convert them from Palm OS alarm sounds with Ringo.

Later,
    Rob
    You can convert Palm OS alarm sounds with TC Ringer, also. Just select System MIDI Sounds on one side and System Ring Tones on the other and copy them over. While there are definitely some nice ringtones that you can get from TreoCentral, there are plenty of other tones out there.