1.    #1  
    From PalmInfoCenter:

I would like to offer an apology for offending people by registering datebk4.com and datebk5.com. This practice was not in keeping with our standards, and we are currently reviewing our marketing methods. We can not estimate how long it will take for the register.com to unregister the domains but we started the process of relinquishing ownership of the two domains on May 9, 2002. iambic is looking forward to getting back to the business of making excellent software and regaining the customer satisfaction we've enjoyed for nearly a decade.

Vidal Graupera
    CEO of iambic, Inc
    A smart move -- and, because I'm a live-and-let-live guy, a good one.

Guess I'll look at TinySheets on its merits (and the merits of Iambic's support department...)
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Too late, in my book. I've switched to Pimlico.

mc
  3.    #3  
    Oh, I'm not leaving Pimlico -- I've been using Datebk4/5 for 2 years, and I love it. It's hard to imagine what it would take to have me ever leave Pimlico; great product, great service.

I just meant that in my search for a spreadsheet program, I feel I can look at TinySheets again. (Two big caveats: I heard a lot about Iambic's support department (or lack thereof) in the last few days; and I'd still rather wait to see what Blue Nomad comes up with -- they're right up there with CESD.)

However, I sure wouldn't blame anyone who has completely written off Iambic after this. Or who questions the sincerity of their apology. I just feel the apology (and getting rid of those domains) was the right thing to do, and have decided, personally, to reconsider them when I go shopping. (With a very jaundiced eye.)

Whatever I decide to do, I think it's pretty clear that they've damaged their company and products pretty severely over the last few days. They'd have to be complete morons not to learn a lesson from this.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    I think the apology is too little too late. They should have apologized from day one instead of delting their customers posts from their web sites and banning them. This is just sickening. Still, I prefer Action Names over Datebook4/5. I do not need to read a 100 page manual to use it.
    Whew! Good thing they didn't squat MY domain...
    I might have forgiven them had they not issued the first statement saying that they had registered "datebk5" as a generic abreviation for the word "datebook." If they had apologized immediately, I might have chalked it up to poor judgement or an overzealous employee, but that statement was an insult to my intelligence, and a truely lame attempt at covering for their actions. It took them how many days with how many e-mails and how much traffic on how may e-fora before they issued the first statement, and then how many more before they finally came around and issued this one? Please. Their sincerity is underwhelming at best.