Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    Datebk4 has been updated to Datebk5; many new features, particularly if you have a color Palm OS PDA.

    Check out the Pimlico Software Website for details.

    I've been using Datebk5 in beta for a couple of months. On a Clie it is a treat.
    Jeff Meyer

    "And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
  2. #2  
    www.datebk5.com
    www.datebook5.com

    ..can you believe Iambic stooped that low!?

    BTW: DB5 on a greyscale sceen WHOMPS any other program, nobody makes better use of grays than db5.
  3. #3  
    DateBook5 is awesome. I have also been Beta Testing it and I absolutely love it.

    As for Iambic, that is pretty low. Unfortunately, that does not surprise me. Especially considering they also own www.datebk4.com.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by septimus
    www.datebk5.com
    www.datebook5.com

    ..can you believe Iambic stooped that low!?
    Some of Iambic's applications look interesting; but the more I see about their way of doing business, the less I want to do with them.

    I'm suddenly much more patient with Blue Nomad regarding their spreadsheet release...
    Jeff Meyer

    "And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
  5. #5  
    Does the spiltscreen have an auto collapse when it loses focuse?

    Can I set visibility settings for the split screen differently than the main page. I ideally want to be able to only have dated to dos on the main page, but all my to dos on the split screen.
  6. #6  
    by either double tap the upper left corner icon or double press a corresponding hard button. (if the split window is address, press the address button, etc.)
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by Mike Schilder
    Does the spiltscreen have an auto collapse when it loses focuse?

    Can I set visibility settings for the split screen differently than the main page. I ideally want to be able to only have dated to dos on the main page, but all my to dos on the split screen.
    ...er, I think no and no. post the question on their yahoo group, CESD / somebody will respond with a workable solution to your needs.
  8.    #8  
    Apparently Iambic's use of the datebk4.com and datebk5.com domains has had some results: PalmGearHQ.com has removed Action Names from their "PalmGear Essentials" list.
    Jeff Meyer

    "And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
  9.    #9  
    Datebk4.com and Datebk5.com now just come up with a blank page.

    Wow... that's about the fastest turnaround to consumer outrage I've seen: mounting complaints, dealers take action, and boom, they back off.

    Not that I'm going to forget what they did, mind you.
    Jeff Meyer

    "And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
  10. #10  
    A blank page is still distasteful. The links should not be there or they should be directed to pimilcos site. He's still hijacking people and leaving them with a blank page. What would an unsuspecting person think about pimlico when he sees a blank page? Negative.

    Iambic hasn't done the right thing yet. What a shame too, he had a chance to acknowledge his error and make it right. He did nothing of the sort.

    And the reports of banning people on the iambic yahoo group is entirely ridiculous. A company that handles bad press like this will not last long.

    I'm happy to see designsbybert.com send a note chastising iambic. I wouldn't do business with iambic anymore. I'm going to designsbybert.com now and buy some icons from them. I've got enough icons, but I like to reward companies with integrity.
    and so it goes ...
  11. #11  
    So I missed out again? What was on those two sites that was so distasteful? All I see now are blank pages.

    - Burns
    Check out my page on Visors:
    Burn's Visor page
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by snippet
    I'm happy to see designsbybert.com send a note chastising iambic. I wouldn't do business with iambic anymore. I'm going to designsbybert.com now and buy some icons from them. I've got enough icons, but I like to reward companies with integrity.
    They also sell, IMO, the best collection of color icons on the market. I've bought or downloaded DesignsByBert, Cliesource Color Icons, TwoKidsInAGarage, 500 Free Icons for Datebk5, and an ActionNames collection, and compared them; I think Bert's collection is currently in the lead. (But icons are a very subjective thing...)

    Gotta post an icon comparison review sometime...
    Jeff Meyer

    "And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by Burns
    So I missed out again? What was on those two sites that was so distasteful? All I see now are blank pages.
    Iambic software purchased the domain names (which correspond to Pimlico's competing Datebk4 and 5 lines), and redirected them to Iambic's own product.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by Burns
    So I missed out again? What was on those two sites that was so distasteful? All I see now are blank pages.

    - Burns
    They were apparently registered by and linked to iambic software, maker of ActionNames, the competitor of Datebook5.
  15. #15  
    Has anyone loaded DateBk5 onto a Treo? I understand that Treo has DateBk+ installed, which is a version of DateBk3. Can I simply install 5 over + or must I follow the procedures as if I'm installing over DateBk3 (i.e. the install procedure if you have DateBk3 is quote "You will want to delete DateBk3 before installing DateBk5. Just delete the single entry with the precise name DateBk3. Do not delete any other files. Leave the DateBk3DB preference database. ")
    Therefore, does this apply to DateBk+?
    Any help into this matter is greatly apreciated.
  16. #16  
    Originally posted by ZeeZo
    Has anyone loaded DateBk5 onto a Treo? I understand that Treo has DateBk+ installed, which is a version of DateBk3. Can I simply install 5 over + or must I follow the procedures as if I'm installing over DateBk3 (i.e. the install procedure if you have DateBk3 is quote "You will want to delete DateBk3 before installing DateBk5. Just delete the single entry with the precise name DateBk3. Do not delete any other files. Leave the DateBk3DB preference database. ")
    Therefore, does this apply to DateBk+?
    Any help into this matter is greatly apreciated.
    Follow the instructions for installing over Datebk+. You wouldn't be able to delete the native Datebk app as it is in ROM. Enjoy the new version, it is very powerful and well worth the registration.
    and so it goes ...
  17. #17  
    Originally posted by snippet


    Follow the instructions for installing over Datebk+.
    There are no "instructions for installing over DateBk+." Could you please direct me to where they are.
  18. #18  
    Originally posted by ZeeZo
    Has anyone loaded DateBk5 onto a Treo? I understand that Treo has DateBk+ installed, which is a version of DateBk3. Can I simply install 5 over + or must I follow the procedures as if I'm installing over DateBk3 (i.e. the install procedure if you have DateBk3 is quote "You will want to delete DateBk3 before installing DateBk5. Just delete the single entry with the precise name DateBk3. Do not delete any other files. Leave the DateBk3DB preference database. ")
    Therefore, does this apply to DateBk+?
    Any help into this matter is greatly apreciated.
    Datebook5 is designed with the knowledge that you might have datebook+ in mind. Just install it, it should work just fine. If your alarms happen to get odd (mine never do), you can install a program called datebookstub (included) that makes your treo ignore db+ completely

    cheers, it's a great program!
  19. #19  
    Originally posted by septimus

    Just install it, it should work just fine.
    cheers, it's a great program!
    Should I "just install it" or delete DateBk+ (but nor the DB) first. Similar to the instructions for DateBk3 (since + is a "version" of3)?
  20. #20  
    Since you can't delete DateBk+ (it's in ROM), I'd say "just install it". Also, that's what I did when I first installed DateBk4 on my Visor.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions