1.    #1  
    Following the various threads about treo cases, I still can't make up my mind, which to get.
    What I'm looking for is something light, like the palm slim-case, so I can use it in my coat pocket.
    I've been considering
    Krusell
    Case Techworks
    and
    Xigma

The Xigma model seems closest to what I need ?!?

Cheers
    Ed
    Did you have a look at Nutshell ? www.tuff-as-nuts.com
    I have'nt seen the xigma case. Can you post the link which has the photos for xigma case ?
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the rapid reply

The nutshell product seems to be a bit sturdy for my needs (i.e. bulky)

check out <here> for the Xigma product (which apparently is "about to come soon" )
    Ed
    Did you read my comments about www.seidio.com ? (that is where you can order proxima wireless products).

I suggest that you have a look at the site, in particular study the site policies where you find the shipping and handling costs to the other unimportant regions of the world (that means not USA).
    Then as a comparison take look at the shipping costs at Nutshell.
  6.    #6  
    What a rip-off! (Seidio)
    I guess I'll consider Nutshell.
    Ed
    You may wait a short while. I just received the following email:

Thank you for your e-mail.

In reply to your inquiry on the on line shop www.seidio.com, we are sorry to
    inform you the website is currently in testing period. We would like you to
    either e-mail or contact us for the availability.

In regards to the shipping and handling fee, we are based on the chart for
    the FeDex international rate. After thoroughly evaluation, we will offer
    another option for International Shipping by USPS, Global Priority Mail
    which is $10.00 per order and $4.99 per item.

Once again, please accept accept our apology for the inconvenience, thus our
    on line shop is newly develop, and the policy is not yet completed.

Promax Wireless Products,
    After plowing through umpteen discussions of cases here and elsewhere, I placed an order for a Case Techworks case today.

Unfortunately Case Techworks is completely sold out of Treo cases. The nice lady I spoke with on the phone today said that a new shipment is expected in from South America either the end of this week or the beginning of next week, though.
    I placed an order with Nutshell a few days ago because they gave me the impression that foreign customers are welcome which I can't say of most of the companies in the US. Also they have the most modest shipping cost I have seen and they have the easiest way to order.

The other important reason is that the slip-on case looks quite flat and not as bulky as the other ones I have seen.

Btw: I was told that the US companies care about customer service, in the last few weeks have found that they seem to be worse then what is being thought of German companies. To me it seems that they believe that the world is flat and that it stops at the US border. I am waiting for a reply from a well-known company, they better react soon because I intend to publish the whole story by the end of the month.
    Just some comments on the cases:

1) I ordered the Handspring case with my Treo. As has been written a few dozen times, it is useless.

2) I bought the Brookstone case when the original idea was posted, and it has been the case I have been using. I do not "tuck".

3) I bought a Nutshell case because it looked like it could be attached horizontally and vertically on the belt. The leather is nicely crafted, but the fit is too snug (I realize it would loosen with use), and I don't like the fact that you have to undo your belt to get the case on & off.

4) I just received the leather Xigma leather case from Seidio. Of the cases I have, I like this one the best. Superb quality leather, the profile fits the Treo better than the Brookstone case, and the belt clip holds the case with enough friction to wear it horizontally or vertically. Of the cases I have purchased, this is the best combination of quality and function.

I also orders the emergency (9V) battery charger which seems like a good idea to carry in my briefcase. And they sent me an over the ear hands free microphone which works very well and is quite comfortable.
    This is good to hear..but where exact;y do we order? The seidio.com site is still now open for business. This is silly.

Originally posted by MarkSpector
    Just some comments on the cases:

1) I ordered the Handspring case with my Treo. As has been written a few dozen times, it is useless.

2) I bought the Brookstone case when the original idea was posted, and it has been the case I have been using. I do not "tuck".

3) I bought a Nutshell case because it looked like it could be attached horizontally and vertically on the belt. The leather is nicely crafted, but the fit is too snug (I realize it would loosen with use), and I don't like the fact that you have to undo your belt to get the case on & off.

4) I just received the leather Xigma leather case from Seidio. Of the cases I have, I like this one the best. Superb quality leather, the profile fits the Treo better than the Brookstone case, and the belt clip holds the case with enough friction to wear it horizontally or vertically. Of the cases I have purchased, this is the best combination of quality and function.

I also orders the emergency (9V) battery charger which seems like a good idea to carry in my briefcase. And they sent me an over the ear hands free microphone which works very well and is quite comfortable.
    Just call the 800 number. A very nice lady named Angela has been very good with following my order.
    I got the handspring belt holster for mine it is hard plastic similar to the startack holster if anyone is familiar with that. it works great and the treo has not fallen out yet
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/P.../detail-60.htm

check it out

sean
    keep chasing my tail ... is there not such a plastic "holster" for the Treo90 ?
    Everywhere I look, sites reference it as only for the phone models

Originally posted by sgriffith
    I got the handspring belt holster for mine it is hard plastic similar to the startack holster if anyone is familiar with that. it works great and the treo has not fallen out yet
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/P.../detail-60.htm

check it out

sean
    I've been though a few cases myself.

1) HS Action pack - no way!

2) Leather International (horizontal case). - Good company, accepted my return. Case didn't work for me since the horizontal thing makes it even more bulkier looking (and feeling). They say they have a vertical one coming.

3) Brookstone - I looked at this closely and compared it along side my Nutshell case and I feel that the extra $$ for the Nutshell is worth it. Hats off to Brookstone for a good case though for only $12.50. If I didn't already have the Nutshell, I probably would not have looked further. The thing I didn't like about the Brookstone case is that it looks boxier and therefore bulky on the hip due to that it's cut that way and it's a little fatter than it needs to be for the treo. Meaning that it could be a little slimmer (depth wise) and still hold a treo.

4) Nutshell - My choice. The Nutshell is not boxy looking and the leather is fine quality. It looks like executive material... Also, I like being able to turn the alarm to vibrate and audible without undoing the flap. However, the case is too snug, but I've only had it 2 days now. I'm sure it will loosen up and probably be just perfect then. Nutshell did a nice job with the design in keeping it "flat" looking and not like it's holding a big gadget of some kind. The other thing I like "very much" about the Nutshell is that you can wear it with the treo facing in or out. I keep it facing in, as it's easier to handle when taking it out. The Brookstone case forces the Treo to face out, due to the flap cutout for the antena. Besides being snug, the Nutshell exposes the top of the treo to the weather elements more. Since the slider switch is exposed you would want to be carefull wearing the treo in the case out in the rain. You would want to do that anyway, but this case seems a little more vulnerable. (Can't have everything - easy access and a covered top).

Mark
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I am a nutshell user too (belt loop, no clip) it's a nice case. I wanted a little something more. I always liked the piel frama (like xigma, but looks a lot nicer and doesn't have logo on flap like xigma), but hated the fact that they come with belt clips. I found a little note on the website that says that they can make any case, but w/o clip. done deal. $45 inlcluding shipping. still waiting for it though. Also stylucentral has them for $35 (w/ clip), and I believe anything over $30 has free shipping.
    Yes, I was tempted to get the Piel Frama too. I didn't know about styluscentral.com or I might have bought it for $35. But I'm happy with the Nutshell and being able to face the treo inwards while in the case.

I forgot to mention that I purchased the belt clip model of the Nutshell. I much prefer a belt clip since I carry my treo just about everywhere. With the belt clip I can attach it to jogging pants, swim suit or just pants without a belt. The clip on the Nutshell is perfect IMO, better than any others I've used. It's shapped so that it can't come off easily since it has a square bend at the end of the clip that bends inward and grabs under the belt better than the normal slide-on type belt clips. Also the Nutshell clip is shaped so that it slides on to your belt or pants easier than most. I thought the Brookstone clip was very hard to slide on due to the way it was shapped. It should have slightly more of a curve out on the end.

One more thing. The Nutshell has a half-circle loop ring attached to the base of the clip. I like this and use it with a short strap loop as follows for extra assurance against the case coming off:

I have a strap loop attached to the ring. When I put the treo on my belt I first thread the strap through one of my belt loops on my pants. Then I push the belt clip through the end of the loop. Then I slide the belt clip and case onto my pants. This sounds complicated but its very easy. What this does is - in the event that the case gets knocked off my pants somehow, it will not fall to the ground because the strap is looped through my pants belt loop. So the treo will just hang suspended by the strap. This is just extra assurance. I used to use this technique on older phone cases with belt clips. You know, the common cases you can buy anywhere. The slide-on belt clips of these were more prone to slip off, and they did quite a few times on me. I suggest trying this strap idea. You don't really need a D-ring to attach the strap to. You can just attach the strap to the top of the slide-on belt clip. The strap should be just a loop about 5-6 inches long and attached to the belt clip or D-ring. Before putting the case on your belt, thread the strap through one of your belt loops, then slide the clip through the strap loop. Then put the case on your belt or pants. If anyone's interested I can post a picture.

Mark