1.    #1  
    Any word on whether Blue Nomad is still planning to come out with a spreadsheet program, as a companion app for WordSmith?

My 2-year-old QuickSheets is getting pretty dated on my Clie, and I'm getting tempted by TinySheets. (Though some of Iambic's licensing policies bother me.)

I can hold out for a while longer for Blue Nomad quality, but not forever...
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    I heard the same thing too, then all talk of it was dropped, I take it yuou don't qualify for the Quicksheet upgrade? I paid for it but it doesn't work with my Mac.
    I emailed blue nomad in march about this. they said "hopefully, late summer. :-) "
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by bookrats
    Any word on whether Blue Nomad is still planning to come out with a spreadsheet program, as a companion app for WordSmith?

My 2-year-old QuickSheets is getting pretty dated on my Clie, and I'm getting tempted by TinySheets. (Though some of Iambic's licensing policies bother me.)

I can hold out for a while longer for Blue Nomad quality, but not forever...
    I am pretty sure that QuickSheet has been updated. What version are you running?

As for BlueNomad, I do wish they would hurry up. I have put off purchasing an alternative because I have such high expectations. Unfortunately, the wait is about to drive me crazy.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Quicksheet has been updated. Version 5.6.20 looks great on my CLIE!
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by GSR13
    I am pretty sure that QuickSheet has been updated. What version are you running?
    Sorry, I didn't explain this well. QuickSheets has definitely been updated since the version I have (5.1 -- got QuickOffice, and then dumped QuickWord for WordSmith), with color and many of the capabilities I want.

However, I'm outside the "free upgrade window" for the version I want, so I'd have to pay for an upgrade. The upgrade price would only be a bit cheaper than new copies of other applications. Plus, I think one or more of the other spreadsheet products offer upgrade prices for folks with competing spreadsheet programs; plus, Blue Nomad will probably offer their spreadsheet program to current customers (like me: WordSmith, BackupBuddy) for cheaper.

So it comes time to compare spreadsheet programs: Quicksheets, TinySheets, MiniCalc, and whatever BlueNomad comes up with (any others?).

I've got several grudges against QuickSheets/QuickOffice -- the major one being that I couldn't install QuickSheets without QuickWord from an earlier free QuickOffice upgrade I got, and it "took over" all of my WordSmith documents. Quite the mess to fix up.

As for BlueNomad, I do wish they would hurry up. I have put off purchasing an alternative because I have such high expectations. Unfortunately, the wait is about to drive me crazy.
    You said it, brother. That's just where I am.
    Jeff Meyer

7.    #7  
    Originally posted by Felipe
    I emailed blue nomad in march about this. they said "hopefully, late summer. :-) "
    They put a smiley face at the end of their prediction?

Huh. Wonder what that signifies.
    Jeff Meyer

Originally posted by bookrats

They put a smiley face at the end of their prediction?

Huh. Wonder what that signifies.
    The smiley face is theirs.

I asked to be but on the beta.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.