1.    #1  
    Quite a while back I instigated discussions about gradebook software for the Palm OS. At that point, I tried everything that people mentioned--Teacher's P.E.T. and some database programs.

Finally, Jackson Software has released GradeQuick for Palm OS. The software is very simple and basic in its functions. It allows one to track multiple classes (up to 16), have numerous assignments/tests, and keep track of attendance.

However, the best thing about this software is that it integrates into the desktop version of GradeQuick.

By no means is GradeQuick for Palm a full-fledged stand-alone gradebook. It does all the functions one needs in the classroom to take back to the desktop though.
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info! Can you post a link? I looked for it on PalmGear but couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Hitman
    A visor using teacher in Chicago
  3.    #3  
    Oops. I realized after I read it that there was no link. Sorry about that.

GradeQuick for the Palm OS is available at:

I should mention that the program will not work without the desktop version of the software. However, having used gradequick for quite some time, I don't think that is a bad thing. GradeQuick's desktop version is a great program.

The bad thing is that there is a free trial download of the desktop GradeQuick, but not of the Palm version. I was told they would be placing a trial version of the palm version this summer.

Michael
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

4.    #4  
    Okay,
    I'm not certain why when I clicked to add the hypertext link, it took me through the steps and then, instead of adding it, it posted the message. Anyway, the URL is:

www.jacksonsoftware.com

Michael
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University