1.    #1  
    Just got mine. Don't like it already. Mostly because it's pretty tricky to put your Treo into it, and impossible to take it out. I was hoping for a quick-release (plastic) holster like my StarTAC ST7760 had, but this thing, although well-made and functional (you have access to everything, including the reset on the Treo's back), has to be removed from your belt with the Treo to use it. You can just quickly "unholster" your Treo. And, as usual, you can't use the cradle with this thing on your Treo. The one thing I was looking for was a quick-release type of action, and this doesn't have it. Sigh.

Don't get me wrong, BTW. It's a great little product. But if the release or cradle issue is important to you, take a pass on this one too.
    Originally posted by Fleischner
    it's pretty tricky to put your Treo into it, and impossible to take it out. I was hoping for a quick-release (plastic) holster like my StarTAC ST7760 had, but this thing, although well-made and functional (you have access to everything, including the reset on the Treo's back), has to be removed from your belt with the Treo to use it. You can just quickly "unholster" your Treo. The one thing I was looking for was a quick-release type of action, and this doesn't have it. Sigh.
    Funny you mention this. My right arm is in a sling (argh...) so I'm using it on my left side - with it aligned this way, your left thumb fits perfectly on the release tab. I bet the person who designed it was a lefty (not that there's anything wrong with that). Try it out on your left side and see if this makes a difference...
  3.    #3  
    Actually, I *am* a lefty. But I where my phone on my right side, allowing my left hand and arm to get full motion without smacking my phone.

I have seen that it's not too difficult to unholster this way-- I put my right index fingertip on the release tab and place the antenna in the crook of my right thumb joint, apply a bit of pressure, and presto, out it pops.

Getting the Treo back into the holster is still another matter, though...
    Alas, I wish this had been a "bullseye" product, but I think they missed it. Holsters should require *no* funny business to get the device in and out. I will wager one American dollar that someone drops their treo in the next 72 hours while fumbling to get it in or out....

I'm thinking this still leaves us with two good quick-draw choices:
    1) The "tucked" Brookstone case if you like having a leather case. Downside is that it adds some bulk, but is more protective than the Promax clip.
    2) A button from www.theclip.com stuck to the back of the treo, preferably with the UlltraClip. This offers no more protection than the Promax, but should be easier to withdraw and replace. I used this arrangement on my last quasi-PDA-phone. The button really does NOT get in the way, they WILL NOT come off unless you want them do, and then they peel off without marring the device.

While I've been an avid "tucker" for a while, I also have a button mounted at the very top of the back for hanging from my car mount. I'm going to put a button on a little farther down and use the UltraClip instead, I think. The "newness" has worn off my treo, and I'd like to lose the bulk of the Brookstone case... I'll just have to try to avoid running into things...

Paul
    I just got mine and I think it is going to work for me. Granted, I do need 2 hands to take it out (one to grab the Treo and the other to press the release tab), but I think it is my best option (I don't like the cases). At the moment, my problem is that I've put it on my right side (and can get it out fairly easily...getting it in is hard) where I normally carrying my StarTac. I may carry both on the same side or try the Treo on the left. Yes, I'm carrying 2 phones because the coverage on Cingular (my Treo's carrier) is awful in San Diego. Besides, I'm a geek and must have gadgets :-)
    Originally posted by Paul Penny

While I've been an avid "tucker" for a while, I also have a button mounted at the very top of the back for hanging from my car mount. I'm going to put a button on a little farther down and use the UltraClip instead, I think. The "newness" has worn off my treo, and I'd like to lose the bulk of the Brookstone case... I'll just have to try to avoid running into things...

Paul
    I couldn't believe my eyes... "Friar Tuck" abandoning Brookstone?

When it comes to convienance you will never regret it. I bought some Purplemoo to protect the flip just in case but have had no problems so far.

Go for it, you'll dig it!

Yours truly,

King Clip
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    You guys just need a little ingenuity. I'm not a Treo owner (Kyocera 6035), and just recently bought a similar clip for my smartphone and we had similar complaints about that holster.

The solution is right here, amongst all your posts - several of us have done it and it works great.

1. Remove/break-off the spring clip in the back.

2. Attach the button part of the quick release clilp (www.theclip.com) onto the holster. I recommend getting an industrial strength adhesive from the hardware store (I was just a little sceptical of the adhesive that's already on it - no personal experience with it failing).

3. Voila! You have a quick release, pivoting holster!
    You guys just need a little ingenuity. I'm not a Kyocera owner, and just recently bought a similar clip for my smartphone and we had similar complaints about that holster.

The solution is right here, amongst all your posts - several of us have done it and it works great.

1. Remove/break-off the spring clip in the back.

2. Attach the button part of the quick release clilp (www.theclip.com) onto the holster. I recommend getting an industrial strength adhesive from the hardware store (I was just a little sceptical of the adhesive that's already on it - no personal experience with it failing).

3. Voila! You have a quick release, pivoting holster!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I'd pass on the industrial adhesive, and use with the 3M VHB (Very High Bonding) tape that comes with the tab for your clip.

An alternative solution for anyone who still doubts the strength of the smaller adhesive, is to order a *case tab* with your Ultra Clip. Case tabs have a 1" X 1.25" base and can be ordered with a larger piece of VHB adhesive and the Ultra Clip for under $12

This VHB adhesive will not fail if it's applied to a clean surface (use alcohol). The best way to effectively remove it is to peel it up slowly, so the adhesive can fail slowly.

Just my 2 cents worth,

Beau
    Visit us on the web at:
    www.theclip.com