Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Got HoHo? If not, go get it, and forget about Ringo and, if you're using it, Alarm Master.

RNS::HoHo is a great app that lets you import mobile phone ring tone text strings (like what you find when you search the 'net for ring tones ;-) and convert them into Alarms and/or Treo Ringtones! But wait, there's more! You can copy sounds to and from the alarm, ringtone, and a library DB so you can copy geeksounds and other alarms into your ringtones, or save your favorites into the library to install another alarm database to peruse them. And that's not all! Now you can create new sounds with a large piano style keyboard, the HoHo slider, OR a musical notation staff! How cool is that! Easily convert music that can only be found in sheet music! But it doesn't stop there! You can also IMPORT alarm sounds to be edited by HoHo! If you want to make a favorite alarm longer, or shorter, or spliced into an other alarm, now you can! Just import it, and edit the text version of the alarm however you want! (within the limitations of the HoHo format, of course).

How much would you pay for such an amazing piece of software mastery? $10? $20? $50? With all the features this software encompasses, you could expect to pay up to ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS for comparable software on other platforms or by other authors. But, if you act now during this limited time special offer (forever) and download within the next TEN MINUTES (of whever you read this), you can have this amazing title playing beautiful music on your PalmOS device for not $50, not $25, but ABSOLUTELY FREE! Yes, you read it right, Free! As in, "no cost to you" kind of free! As in, you're an ***** if you pay money for anything else like it knowing that this one is FREE!

Yes, I get a commission from every copy of HoHo sold in the continental United States. Be sure to mention this advertisement to get this special discount! If you don't, I can't get paid, and you'll have to pay up to NOTHING for the software! Get it while it's hot, get it NOW!!!!!!

Only the latest version offers all of these features, so if you have an old version, you owe it to yourself and your Treo to upgrade ASAP!

https://www.palmgear.com/software/sh...m?prodID=39993

PS. Yes, I'm being goofy, but yes, it's a great app for Treo users! And no, I'm not a real salesman, nor will I EVER be.
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
    Hey Greg.... you better cut out those double expressos out there in Starbucks land cause you are off the wall hyper.

Seriously... thanks for the HoHo Headsup!
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    WHAT!?

No free Steak Knives??

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    There's nothing more annoying in today's modern world than people with their custom ring-tone cell phones going off everywhere.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
  5.    #5  
    You know, I agree to a certain extent about the custom ring tones. What bothers me more, though, is that it's never very personal. It's always frigging Fur Elise or something equally dull. Even then it's not so much the tune itself, but that the people often have their phones in a purse or bag or something, while they're off chatting with their friends. The frigging phone rings and rings, playing the entire tune five times before they get off their fat butts and answer their dang phone. THAT'S what's annoying.
    Me, I have a ringtone that I've composed myself, that no one else could possibly even have on their phone. It's the Treo, so it's not nearly as loud as all those phone-phones plaguing the world, and I ANSWER IT as soon as I can! And that's usually very quickly, since it's on my side whenever it's on anyway!
    If anyone ever hears my phone ringing long enough to hear the melody, at least they're not getting an earfull of some tired-slag POS ringtone like the Nokia's blare out every time they ring.
    And really, what's worse, hearing custom ringtones, or everyone's phone having the same dang ring, and no one wanting to look silly if they try to answer their phone and it's not theirs, while everyone else wonders if they should check their own phone too. "Duh, is that my phone?"
    Dude, I'm married. One prostitute is bad enough, now you want me to get two?! I know the treo makes me very sexy, but this....
    HeHe.

HoHo

I get it.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Custom ringtones are great. Especially when you can compose 'em yourself (or at least write-up some more obscure tunes). For example, I've got Miles Davis's So What on my phone as well as Kermit's The Rainbow Connection.

It's grrrrrrreat!!!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    What PlugIn should I use? Ref."You should install at least one Format plug-in for your cell-phone"
    Regards
    Originally posted by Draugen
    What PlugIn should I use? Ref."You should install at least one Format plug-in for your cell-phone"
    Regards
    Depends on where/how you're going to get your ringtones.
    Jeff
  11.    #11  
    Well, right off the bad I recommend all the "other" plug ins, the big piano (color or gray depending on your device) and all the midi plug ins. As for the format plug-ins, it depends on what ringtones you want to import. The author has a set of ringtone pages on his site of lot of tunes in various formats. You can also search the net for a particular tune in ringtone format, then install whichever plug in you need for that format. For example, you search for "Wicked Garden ringtone" with Google. You find a page that has that melody in the textual format that Nokia phones use. so you copy and paste that text into a memo in palm desktop, install the nokia plug in for HoHo, then HotSync. go to HoHo to set the format to Nokia (with the category style srop down in the top right corner), switch to memo pad and copy the text from that memo with the tune in it, then switch back to HoHo. If the text isn't pasted into the editing field for you, just paste it in yourself. Try to play the tune to make sure it works. If it doesn't, try other formats. Once it's working, convert the tune to a midi alarm (convert menu, /a, or the A in the vertial toolbar on the left), give it a name, and you're done.
    it's easier to do than it is to read all that, but now you know what the format plug ins are for.
    -Greg
    This must be the most hilarious post I have ever seen at VC. Very funny...another VC resident with way too much times on his hands

Originally posted by GregGaub

Yes, I get a commission from every copy of HoHo sold in the continental United States. Be sure to mention this advertisement to get this special discount! If you don't, I can't get paid, and you'll have to pay up to NOTHING for the software! Get it while it's hot, get it NOW!!!!!!

Only the latest version offers all of these features, so if you have an old version, you owe it to yourself and your Treo to upgrade ASAP!

https://www.palmgear.com/software/sh...m?prodID=39993

PS. Yes, I'm being goofy, but yes, it's a great app for Treo users! And no, I'm not a real salesman, nor will I EVER be.
    Nifty little application. Now I've just gotta dig through my stuff and find those codes for the 3 stooges music
    Originally posted by GregP74
    Nifty little application. Now I've just gotta dig through my stuff and find those codes for the 3 stooges music
    Be sure to share... PLEASE

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    See, http://home.enter.vg/wap2/index2.html
    unde "Ringetoner!"
    regards
    Originally posted by Veloslave

Be sure to share... PLEASE

Rod
    Enjoy!

>3Stooges:d=4,o=5,b=125:8g6,b6,8a.6,16g6,8g6,c.7,c7,8a.6,
    >16g6,8g6,b.6,b6,8a.6,16g6,8g6,c.7,c7,e6,g.6,8g6,b6,8a.6,
    >16g6,8g6,c.7,c7,8p,8e6,8f6,8a6,8a6,8a6,8a6,8g6,8f6,8d6,8c6,
    >8d6,8e6,8d.6,16e6,8f6,8g6,8a6,8g.6,16a6,c6
    >
    >
    >3Stooges:Tempo=125:8g2 4b2 8.a2 16g2 8g2 4.c3 4c3 8.a2 16g2 8g2 4.b2 4b2
    >8.a2 16g2 8g2 4.c3 4c3 4e2 4.g2 8g2 4b2 8.a2 16g2 8g2 4.c3 4c3 8- 8e2 8f2
    >8a2 8a2 8a2 8a2 8g2 8f2 8d2 8c2 8d2 8e2 8.d2 16e2 8f2 8g2 8a2 8.g2 16a2 4c2
    >
    >3Stooges:Tempo=125:58*, 79, (hold 6)8, 58, 59, (hold 1)9*, 1, (hold 6)8**,
    >58, 59, (hold 7)9, 7, (hold 6)8, 58, 59, (hold 1)9*, 1, 3**, (hold 5), 58,
    >79, (hold 6)8, 58, 59, (hold 1)9*, 1, 08*, 38**, 4, 6, 6, 6, 6, 5, 4, 2, 1,
    >2, 3, (hold 2), 38, 49, 5, 6, (hold 5), 68, 199
    But can HoHo do custom rings for different callers? The new Ringo seems to do that, which is a big plus in my book.

Coljac
  18.    #18  
    Nope, Hoho doesn't do that. I posted the message about HoHo before the beta of Ringo came out (or at least before I saw that thread). So, now Ringo has a pretty good function that HoHo doesn't.
    I now have both Ringo and HoHo on my Treo. hehe

-Greg
    Originally posted by GregGaub
    Nope, Hoho doesn't do that. <snip>So, now Ringo has a pretty good function that HoHo doesn't.
    I now have both Ringo and HoHo on my Treo. hehe
    -Greg
    About assigning ringtones, TCRinger should be outta beta soon and is very solid.

About finding custom ringtones, um, has anybody seen the "Beat the Geeks" theme anywhere? I'm no composer...

-G
    Impatience makes you UGLY.
    Am I the only one noticing that HoHo doesn't always use the correct tempo? It seems to work on some, but not on all...

additionally, is there a more effective way to import RTTL etc other than copying them to memopad and pasting them to HoHo?
    obscure information.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast