Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Strangely, the tempo in the staff or big piano composer is a variation on the temo set in the HoHo composer. To get the tempo and octave and volumes (usefull for getting the loudest volume!) you need to use the HoHo editor (the one with the scroll bars for setting those things) and adjust them there. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but that's where all the important adjusting should be done, especially volume, to make sure the tune is as audible as possible.

And no, I don't know of an easier way to import an RTTL (or any other) rington than to copy it from a memo pad entry. What were you hoping for?

-Greg
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
    Does it matter which format you should plug in whe using it on a treo
  3.    #23  
    The format plug ins are only needed for importing ringtones that you find in text format on the internet. Often, ringtones for phones are posted to web sites in their own specific format. With the appropriate plug in, HoHo understands these formats, and can convert them into ringtones and alarm sounds for your Treo to use. They can also be helpful if you want to compose a tune to be programmed into an actual phone (for non-Treo users ;-).

If all you want to use HoHo for is composing your own tunes, and managing the ringtone and alarm databases, then you don't need any of the format plug ins. The built-in HoHo format is great for composing for your own device.

You'll probably want to install the Big Piano and/or music staff plug ins, though. The built-in mini-keyboard thing isn't very useful for composing actual tunes on, since you can't see what note you're playing before you tap it.

-Greg
    I am using 'Ringo3 Beta3' and there seems to be a major bug with it. Everytime I receive a call while the lid to the Treo is open the phone just hangs and I have to reset the Treo to make it work again. This does not happen when the lid is closed.
    I suggest everyone stay away from Ringo, atleast until the bugs are ironed out.
  5.    #25  
    I second that comment. Ringo 3 crashed my palm horribly whenever I got a call from my wife at work. It seems her employer blocks the caller ID on her outgoing calls sometimes. When I get a call with "No Caller ID", Ringo would crash my Treo and it would be stuck vibrating with the notification screen, and nothing would make it stop but a pin reset. I'd then have to wait for it to reboot (and 16megs full can take a while ;-), then turn on the phone again, then call my wife. Good thing I knew it was her. I've since deleted Ringo3. I might try it again when it's out of beta. I wish they'd stop adding features and just make the dang thing bullet proof.

-Greg
    Thanks for the info on ringo, my treo was crashing and locking up alot w/ the phone I deleted ringo we'll see how it works now.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12