1.    #1  
    Is there a program or hack that would automatically open a certain program (Today, for me) every time I turn on my Visor for the first time every day? Thanks.
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Well, there is the powerrun hack (i think that is the name) that will map your power button to an application...but I haven't heard of one that will only do it for the first time in a day...I would buy it in an instant, though!
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
    Try PowerButton Hack by Christian Höltje available on PalmGear.

It starts an app when the PDA is turned on.

Explorer1
    that is the app i was talking about.

the only problem is it will start that app EVERY time you turn on the visor, not just the first time in the morning, or once an hour, etc...
  5.    #5  
    Well, develpers take note!
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by ernieba1
    automatically open a certain program (Today, for me) every time I turn on my Visor for the first time every day
    Not exactly what you're looking for, but still a fairly simple workaround... why not just assign the app to one of your hardware buttons? Or, you could use McPhling and make the app a "favorite" so that it always appears in the McPhling list.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    AutoSync allows just what you are asking for.

You have to use it to auto sync, but that shouldn't be a problem, as long as the pda is sitting in the cradle. You can then tell it to open a specific program after hotsync is completed.

That program will be open when you start your pda in the morning.

Hope that helps
    RJuhl
    so now we know the capability EXISTS - we just need a developer to create a program to do it w/out having to AutoSync!

what happened to all the developers that used to be on the boards?
    You need to try PowerButton hack as someone else has suggested. I use it to open the Today app whenever I turn on my visor after it has been off for 2 hours or more. You can configure PowerButton hack to open any app after your visor/palm has been off seconds or hours. That way it would open your app whenever you turn your unit on after it has been off for the set number of seconds or hours.
  10.    #10  
    Ooooh, I'll try that out.
    -Bernie

-Dan Quayle
  11.    #11  
    That works perfectly. Thanks. I didn't know it had that "only works after xx:xx (time)" feature. Thanks.
    -Bernie

-Dan Quayle
  12.    #12  
    And NOOOOOoooooooo! Doesn't work! I sync every morning before I use my visor, so that doesn't work! Darn!
    -Bernie

-Dan Quayle
    Since you sync every morning, maybe the "activesync" mentioned above is for you - it automatically syncs each morning, and opens up a specified program afterward...
  14.    #14  
    Hmmm, I ignored that earlier, but now it looks like it really does make the most sense. Thanks.
    -Bernie

-Dan Quayle
    I'm not sure if i'm using the same 'Today' app you are, but if you go into it's preferences, you can have it start up after your handheld hasn't been used for a certain amount of time.

assuming you sleep for 8 hours...set it for 8 hours and that way it'll always come on in the morning and not any time during the day. (unless you don't use your handheld for 8 hours during the day...but that rarely happens ...to me at least!)
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
  16.    #16  
    I've got:

Today
    Version 1.3
    Made by Jonas Lindstedt

Can you give me a link to your today?
    -Bernie

-Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by ernieba1
    I've got:

Today
    Version 1.3
    Made by Jonas Lindstedt

Can you give me a link to your today?
    I've got the same version.

Under the Preferences, there are 2 check boxes:

"Always run Today"

Run if device is not used for: <drop down with times ranging from 1 to 12 hours>"
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
  18.    #18  
    Strange, mine just doesn't have that. . .
    -Bernie

-Dan Quayle