Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1.    #81  
    it's possible that CellPlanTracker is not tracking SMS on a Treo 300 because it's not really SMS on the Treo 300. The Treo 300 uses a different text messaging technology, and I wouldn't be surprised if it had a different application and database. CellPlanTracker will probably have to be updated to support the Treo 300.
    -Greg
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
    I've been on the phone with people in Montreal, QC all this week. Which has suddenly made me realize that there is another component to calling plans that is noticeably missing from Cell Plan tracker - the ability to discern international from domestic calls. While the pricing of international calls is, obviously, way beyond this app's capabilities it would be nice to break out the calls so that you'd know that there was another component of your bill coming.

Of course, if I could only ask for one change to Cell Plan tracker (or any similar app, for that mattter) it would be to have the app accurately track data usage and not data connection time.

Dunc
    Originally posted by yardie
    I just noticed that GPRS calls are logged as data minute calls. Of course, the GPRS is measured by the kb. Another reason to split voice and data.

Doh... I just "discovered" this also. I almost freaked when I consulted Cell Plan Tracker for the first time in a few weeks and it told me I was at 200% of plan half way through the month - hello $400 phone bill... Then I realized that it was due to the GPRS connections being logged...

Any fixes pending for this?

Thanx
    Paul
  4.    #84  
    I've just sent a message to Kevin, the developer of Cell Plan Tracker (CPT), and will post his reply if he doesn't post here first.

One thought that just struck me... I don't have the GPRS update so I have no idea how it works... but does it "dial" a number? If there's a number that is entered into the Network setting for the GPRS connection, try putting that number into the "free numbers" section of the CPT preferences. If the call is logged by that number, then maybe CPT will consider it a free number and not mis the time spent on that connection in with the normal minutes or CSD data minutes.

-Greg
    If you are already on GPRS, presumably you won't be using csd much or at all. So what I did was just remove the data calls hack which came with cell plan tracker, and it no longer tracks my data calls.
    On another thread someone has suggested adding the 991 or whatever number GPRS calls to the "free calls" section of cell plan tracker and that does work. I just wish we could add more than 6 numbers/prefixes.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    Yep - I took Greg's tip, looked in call history and found the "991" number. Added it to the free calls list and it seems to work!

Thanks

Paul
  8.    #88  
    ...sort of.
    I don't feel comfortable quoting Kevin's reply to me, but I can say that he is working hard at adding data tracking to Cell Plan Tracker. Apparently it's more complicated than just writing the code for it.

I see KB Tracker sort of does the job, but notice the strong disclaimer? Anyway, it would be nice to have voice and data tracking on the same page instead of in two separate apps, so here's hoping Kevin can get accurate data tracking into CPT soon.

Since I haven't circumvented the GPRS installer, I'll be waiting for a while to get it anyway, so I can wait for CPT to be updated.

-Greg
    Originally posted by GregGaub
    ...sort of.
    I see KB Tracker sort of does the job, but notice the strong disclaimer? Anyway, it would be nice to have voice and data tracking on the same page instead of in two separate apps, so here's hoping Kevin can get accurate data tracking into CPT soon.
    There is another data tracking app: TrafficStat ( http://www.hexlet.com/ ) You may try it as well.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345