Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    It looks like Version 1.3 has been released on PalmGear today. See here.

New for version 1.3 (10 July 2002)

- Added SMS tracking capability (Handspring only)
    - Added capability to see estimated bills for this month and last month
    - Made data call logging compatible with Palm OS 3.1 (for Visorphone compatibility)

--Gadget
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 07/10/2002 at 06:52 PM.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    You know what else would be nice for some of us? The ability to log long-distance calls. I guess if you have regional dialing (3000 minutes) you would have to put in a LONG list of numbers it would check against but I am sure this is something it could do. You know I am not even sure what the complete list of calls I can DIAL to for free is. Is there a way to do this and I am just overlooking it?
    --Denny
    Can anyone help me out on these:

1) My plan gives me free 42minutes free per month (peak or non-peak). How do I set it in such a way that everything still adds up to 42minutes, whether it's peak or non-peak hours?

2) The only non-peak hours for the weekend is the whole day of Sunday for my plan. Does the weekend in Cell Plan Tracker cover both Saturdays and Sundays?

3) Aside from Tax, there are also some adjustment costs for SMS maintenance, Data Call maintenance, Global Roaming maintenance. Any way where I can put this in?

Will gladly appreciate your response.
    Thanks.

GMOJ
    -----------------------
    I Love My Treo270
  4.    #64  
    Originally posted by gmoj
    1) My plan gives me free 42minutes free per month (peak or non-peak). How do I set it in such a way that everything still adds up to 42minutes, whether it's peak or non-peak hours?
    Sure, just put 42 in the Peak Minutes field in the Define Calling Plan screen. This is the number of minutes that are included "free" with your normal monthly service fee. Any minutes beyond 42 will be counted and added to the bill total.

2) The only non-peak hours for the weekend is the whole day of Sunday for my plan. Does the weekend in Cell Plan Tracker cover both Saturdays and Sundays?
    Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to differentiate between saturday and sunday minutes. Maybe you can request that such a feature be added in a future version.

3) Aside from Tax, there are also some adjustment costs for SMS maintenance, Data Call maintenance, Global Roaming maintenance. Any way where I can put this in?
    Don't try to make the bill come out to the exact amount of your actual bill, it's not designed to do that. It's really just for an estimate. Therefore, do your best to add up all the things that are in your bill that are the same every month, such as the service fee and other monthly fees and assessments/taxes. Then enter the best guess for the total taxe percentage. You could do sales tax, but some things often have different tax percentages. Just give it your best guess. When you look at your bill for the month, don't start writing your check. Just wait for the actual bill to come, compare the total, and make any necessary adjustments to the CPT settings to get more accuracy. But still, use it as an estimation.

There are simply WAY too many different cell plans and carriers, not to mention locations, all with different things to tax and amounts for them, if he tried to include them all, by the time he did, there would be more things to try to include, and half of the others would be gone. ;-)

-Greg
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
    Thanks for the feedback.

By the way, coverage for peak hours is 8:01am-10pm.
    How do I set it in the plan, (8 to 21) or (8-22)?

Please advise.

GMOJ
    -----------------------
    I Love My Treo270
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Here in California, T-Mobile (VoiceStream) is giving 1,000 ANYTIME minutes for $39.99. There's no need to penny-pinch the minutes at these rates. Is T-Mobile allowing the conversion/up-grade into this more advantageous plan?

Also, the Treo 180 from Amazon.com comes with a $250 rebate. Of course, Amazon has been raising the price from $399, to $429 and now at $499. Got mine at $144 net ($399 less $250 rebate and $5 discount code). I consider the Treo 180 a disposeable phone until the kinks are worked out of the 270 or 300.
    I was going through the thread, and was wondering if there are any NON-US based call tracking programs.

eg. My plans looks like this:
    7am till 8pm - Weekdays 23.1c per 30 secs + 22c Connection Fee
    8pm till 7am - 30c for first 10 min + 22c Connection Fee then normal rates after 10minutes.

Data Calls have different rates, but same sort of schedule.
    SMS's cost 25c per SMS sent.

NO FEES for receiving calls sms etc. but there are for Receiving Voicemails, and picking them up.

Anything out there that can track that?
    Hi!

I just discovered this thread. I have another cell
    plan tracker some people here may want to try.
    It is called DialStat. It main difference from
    other trackers that it was designed for user to be able
    quickly play with various plan options and to
    see how they affect your bill. It is very simple
    to use and you do not need spend much time
    pre-configuring it. I will be glad to hear group
    feedback.

You can donwload it here:

http://www.hexlet.com/

Current version does not track data minutes, but
    next one will (we already have it working, just
    ironing out some bugs).
    Originally posted by krokodil
    ...I will be glad to hear group
    feedback.
    Hi,

I'd like to suggest you put an adjustment field in the preferences. The number of minutes that my provider reports always drifts away from the number of minutes my Treo thinks have been used for various reasons such as TreoModem, minute rounding, goblins, etc. If I could put in that adjustment factor once or twice a month when I check actual minute usage then it could remember the difference and show me a more accurate number. Well, maybe not more accurate but at least more similar to what my bill will show!
    Hey I like your app. but you have minute spelt incorrectly! I wil try the app out when it can start tracking data.

Hi!

I just discovered this thread. I have another cell
    plan tracker some people here may want to try.
    It is called DialStat. It main difference from
    other trackers that it was designed for user to be able
    quickly play with various plan options and to
    see how they affect your bill. It is very simple
    to use and you do not need spend much time
    pre-configuring it. I will be glad to hear group
    feedback.

You can donwload it here:

Current version does not track data minutes, but
    next one will (we already have it working, just
    ironing out some bugs).
    http://palmgear.com/software/showsof...7&prodID=43978

I've got a Treo 90, so I haven't tried McPhone. but saw it at PalmGear, and thought it might be of interest to some of the posters in this thread. Since it's freeware and probably a labor of love, you may find that the developer is responsive to requests.
    Thanks for the link Webster. ..But this program does nto tarck minutes used automatically like Cell Plan Tracker and DialStat.

Originally posted by WebSter
    http://palmgear.com/software/showsof...7&prodID=43978

I've got a Treo 90, so I haven't tried McPhone. but saw it at PalmGear, and thought it might be of interest to some of the posters in this thread. Since it's freeware and probably a labor of love, you may find that the developer is responsive to requests.
    Originally posted by yardie
    Hey I like your app. but you have minute spelt incorrectly! I wil try the app out when it can start tracking data.
    Hi!

Just released version 2.1 which can track data minutes.
    You can download it from:

As always, we will be glad to hear your feedback.

There is one particular feature I was not able to test: roaming data calls.
    DialStat should be able to distinguish between roaming and non-roaming
    data calls but I have not been able to test it, since in my area there is only
    one GSM provider. If somebody could confirm it works or not I will
    appreciate it.

Sincerely,
    Vadim

P.S. I've corrected spelling and added idea about "adjustement" in preferences to my TODO list. Thank you for your remarks!
    Well it is almost perfect -- but not quite.

Incoming is still spelt incorectly in "Ist Incoming Minute". For "Off Peak", you bundle voice and data together. This is bad for, because my voice is counted as regular peak data -- even in off peak hours. Will definitely buy when these are fixed though..because this tracks calls by the second..unlike the competition.

Hi!

Just released version 2.1 which can track data minutes.
    You can download it from:

As always, we will be glad to hear your feedback.

There is one particular feature I was not able to test: roaming data calls.
    DialStat should be able to distinguish between roaming and non-roaming
    data calls but I have not been able to test it, since in my area there is only
    one GSM provider. If somebody could confirm it works or not I will
    appreciate it.

Sincerely,
    Vadim

P.S. I've corrected spelling and added idea about "adjustement" in preferences to my TODO list. Thank you for your remarks!
    Originally posted by yardie
    Well it is almost perfect -- but not quite.

Incoming is still spelt incorectly in "Ist Incoming Minute". For "Off Peak", you bundle voice and data together. This is bad for, because my voice is counted as regular peak data -- even in off peak hours. Will definitely buy when these are fixed though..because this tracks calls by the second..unlike the competition.

Actually to do what you want (do not take into account peak time while counting data minutes) is very easy to do. I am just unsure which way is correct. Of perhaps I can make it an option... I will wait to hear more user feedback
    and perhaps will have new release in couple of days.

Vadim
    How close is anyone to releasing a data tracking app, tracking data in KB's???
    Thanks,
    intysf@cs.com
    TreoCentral.com
    Product Page Editor
    Anyone? Total data minutes used in a billing cycle is nice, but a totally useless figure. Bytes, Mb, etc. that's what we need! Is it possible? It has to be part of the api, Blazer happily reports on it as it downloads webpages.

Dunc
    I just noticed that GPRS calls are logged as data minute calls. Of course, the GPRS is measured by the kb. Another reason to split voice and data.

Actually to do what you want (do not take into account peak time while counting data minutes) is very easy to do. I am just unsure which way is correct. Of perhaps I can make it an option... I will wait to hear more user feedback
    and perhaps will have new release in couple of days.

Vadim
    downloaded xmaster and cell plan tracker-now to get correct settings.

what is the accurate settings on cell phone tracket with a voicestream
    plan of 600 anytime minutes, unlimited nights and weekends, 50 sms messeges? how do you set the data with the phones that are not gprs yet?

Anyone have the correct setting if so please list..a lot of conflicting information.

Ideawizard
    I downloaded Treo300SMS yesterday and it made me realize that Cell Plan Tracker is not tracking my SMS. Even before I started sending SMS I was getting a minimum of two SMS' / day (weather reports), and none of them are captured. Nor, are any of my new outbound SMS messages. Is the SMS logging working for anyone?

Dunc
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast