Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hello,

As far as I can tell my ROM contains some corrupt files. I have some issues with my Treo 680 and hard resetting it won't solve them (even if I don't restore any backups/hotsync).

The problems go as following:

- If I use the internet the device will randomly freeze when it stays locked doing nothing, people can still call me but the phone won't ring or record a missed call, the freeze feels a bit like when your PC freezes because it can't read a CD

- The phone can't show the battery level correctly, it always displays a maximum of 75% when fully charged, formatting the battery or a hard reset did nothing and the battery is fine (tested in a Treo 750)

I figure I have some corrupt files in the ROM that keep getting copied in the internal memory when I hard reset the device, I thus want to replace the ROM but already having the latest software update I'm unsure of how to accomplish this, any ideas?
    you could always replace your rom with some cooked ones. just browse the forum for the afforementioned roms.

i used to do this with my treo 650 because i needed memory space.