1.    #1  
    Hello All!
    There is a gradebook program that I'm wanting to buy to begin using on my Visor Deluxe. However, they state that the minimum operating requirements are Palm OS 3.1. After speaking with a salesperson, they said it would work on 3.0.1, but some functions would not work.

Does anyone know if the additions that Handspring put into 3.0.1H might bring it up to the level of Palm's OS 3.1?

Thanks,
    Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+
    Handspring DOES have a patch to make your Visor into OS 3.1h3

Look for it at
    http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...p?Type=Updates

The first two downloads are the ones you want (PC or Mac)

With this, the Visor can run any program made for OS3.1 (but not 3.3, 3.5, 4.0, etc...)
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for getting me the info on the updater. I'm not certain, but I think I actually already had it installed. I was checking my version of the OS by using the menu to options|about applications, which states 3.0.1H. If I followed the instructions on Handspring site and used the menu app|info and then checked the version, I would be all right.

Thanks so much. I appreciate it.
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+
    The Visor Deluxe runs PalmOS v3.1H1 to v3.1H3, so you should be fine. To see what version you are running, from the default application launcher (press the home silk screen button):
    • Press Menu/App/Info...
    • In the Info dialog box, press 'Version'.
    • The top line will change to something like:
      Palm OSŪ v3.1H1
    As mentioned above, one can download the HS Updater v1.0.0 to update an earlier version on a Deluxe to v3.1.H3.