1.    #1  
    I have a Prism. Can't live without it. Also have an Ericsson T28. Can't live without it too. However, a pain to carry both around.

So I WILL get the 270. Whenever it's shipping in this part of the world. I need to know from those of you who already have experience, can the 270 do this:

1. I would want the 270 (for SMS) instead of the 270g. However, can I get it to work with grafitti as well? What about putting in RecoEcho or TealEcho? Will the thumboard co-exist with this?

2. I read the ebooks of the PeanutReader Pro. Upside down on Prism now. Navigates page up and downs very nicely with my thumb. Do you think this can be done on the 270?

Thanks, all.
    Originally posted by siewmeng_tan
    1. I would want the 270 (for SMS) instead of the 270g. However, can I get it to work with grafitti as well? What about putting in RecoEcho or TealEcho? Will the thumboard co-exist with this?
    I believe there are graffiti options for the 270. Look around in the 180 thread.

2. I read the ebooks of the PeanutReader Pro. Upside down on Prism now. Navigates page up and downs very nicely with my thumb. Do you think this can be done on the 270?
    Don't see why not.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.

Thanks, all.
    You would have to have the flipcover down, or it would be a pain to read...and I don't know how good the screen protector will be with a color screen...
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
    Yes, those things are out there. The question is will they work well on the 270, or will they be instable. I had been using RecoEcho for a while on my 180, but found that I only used it when showing people that it could be done. The keyboard is much faster for any kind of text editing, especially since you don't usually already have the stylus in your hand like you do with a graffiti device. Besides, it's highly unlikely that the 270 will come in a graffiti version anyway.

Features of programs like that will probably still work just fine, but the main reason to do that in the first place it to make it more comfortable to hold and scroll while reading. I think you'll find that the jog rocker is ideal for reading. You can hold the device comfortably in either hand while using the jog rocker to scroll. I sincerely doubt you'll ever even want to rotate the screen and use the normal scroll buttons.

-Greg
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
    ****-richardson wrote:

I believe there are graffiti options for the 270.

Hmm -- are there? PIC claims that, at least for the CDMA 270, a g version won't be available.
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    Hmm -- are there? PIC claims that, at least for the CDMA 270, a g version won't be available.
    We're not talking about the g version above, either. He stated he didn't want it if they had it.
    -Joshua
    We're not talking about the g version above, either. He stated he didn't want it if they had it.

Doh! I shouldn't have taken that Evelyn Wood Reading Dynamics class last month.
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    Doh! I shouldn't have taken that Evelyn Wood Reading Dynamics class last month.
    lmao!
    -Joshua
    Greg: Is your avatar a prototype 270 that you saw at your SPUG meeting or is it a fake you created?
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
    Nope. It's my 180 with a grayscale image of me on it. If you think it looks color, that's probably the reflection of things behind/to the side of me in the glossy screen. Trust me, a 270 would be instantly recognizable. You wouldn't be asking me if it were, you'd know it. Not only would the screen actually be color and giving it's own light, but the shell of the Treo would be graphite grey, slightly darker than the color of the application/scroll buttons on the 180. At least as far as I recall.
    If I ever get a 270, which is HIGHLY unlikely, I'll be the first to tell everyone that I did. ;-)
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
    The keyboard is what's selling, so I think Handspring will continue to push Treo units with keyboards only. Oh, I loaded Jot on my Treo 180...it seems to work without any issues.
    If you take a look at the poll, it`s 50/50 concerning grafitti or keyboard, so Hnadspring will lose a lot of future buyers if they
    don`t bring out a Treo 270g.

At least I will NEVER buy a keyboard version.
    If you take a look at the poll, it`s 50/50 concerning grafitti or keyboard, so Hnadspring will lose a lot of future buyers if they

Someone from a PUG, probably GregGaub, mentioned a visit from a Handspring rep who stated that from the early returns, the keyboard model is outselling the Graffiti version by a factor of 10. If true, it's further proof that the opinions expressed in geek sewing circles don't reflect what goes on in consumer channels.

I'd like to see Graffiti loyalists have the option of a 270g, but it's pretty unlikely, and the lack of one certainly won't make or break Handspring.
    The poll is very unscientific. i get eh impression that keyboard is outsellign graffiti Treo about 10 to 1.

Originally posted by mrhandheld

At least I will NEVER buy a keyboard version.
  15. e-v
    Originally posted by comcom
    The keyboard is what's selling, so I think Handspring will continue to push Treo units with keyboards only. Oh, I loaded Jot on my Treo 180...it seems to work without any issues.
    Can you please give me the link?
    I tried at palmgear with no luck.

Thanks ,

Ilan
    Get NewPen instead. Its $40 cheaper than Jot (i.e free) and actaully works. You can find NewPen by searching at PalmGear.com.