1.    #1  
    If you have the Treo HotSync/charging cradle, can you please share your opinions on it? I'm getting tired of the cable sticking out of my computer desk at all angles, but I'm wary of spending $50 on a cradle if it's not everything I hope it to be. I appreciate all opinions on it.

-Greg

PS. since the forums aren't being combined, apparently, I'm making an effort to start any new threads I start in the appropriate place.
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
    Our comments upon receiving the cradle are HERE.
    Greg - if you have any specific Q's after reading that thread let me know. After a few weeks with it, I still like it - definitely better than the cables on your desktop - but I don't know what "everything you hope it to be" includes, so...

Paul
  4.    #4  
    Ok, I read that thread. I guess what I want to know is how is it hold up? Is the connection getting loose, or has anyone noticed any other problems after having used it for a while, or does it seem to be worth every penny?
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
    I like it even more now, after a few days I got the insert & removal down and can even do it in the dark now. Still makes a nice snug connection. $50 is still a ripoff but whaddayagonnadoaboudit.
    I concur with jwardell. I've had no issues with it, it's become second nature to use, etc. And also a ripoff. But I gotta have a cradle - and Handspring "knew" that... so that's how capitalism works.

Paul
    Greg, there is good news and bad...

First the good. It is holding up very well and I personally see VERY little chance of that changing. The funtion is great, angle, entry and release. It is weighted nicely and something I like is setting the Treo in the cradle from the front instead the top so to not plug it in and over charge, it still holds it great for those times when you don't need more charge. For me, it is a must have winner.

Ah yes the bad news... Well I can give you fifty examples of bad news but I have a sneeking feeling you already know them.

Did you register your second unit? I did and got a second $10.00 off coupon Just use the serial number that is on the bubble wrap.

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    Originally posted by Veloslave
    something I like is setting the Treo in the cradle from the front instead the top so to not plug it in and over charge, it still holds it great for those times when you don't need more charge.
    This is unneccesary for Lithium Ion batteries, you cannot overcharge them, they do not have a memory. Leave the treo charging all the time. Once it is full, the batter is not charge and is also not used, the cradle will power the treo. If anything it would extend the battery's life.