1.    #1  
    Anyone with a palm used this? Would it be possible to get this card and transfer the contents to main memory or, through a card reader, a memplug? Thanks,
    Sterling
    You probably can not copy it from the card as SD is a "digitally secure medium" for your benefit..

http://www.sdcard.org/press7.htm

The SD Card's unique security functions are incorporated in the card, facilitating the secure exchange of content between devices and the card. This security technology has been designed to comply with current and future Secure Digital Music Initiative (SDMI) portable device requirements, making it an excellent medium for the distribution of digital content, including digital music. .
    "One of the most important things you learn from the internet is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It’s just an awful lot of ‘us’." -- Douglas Adams
  3.    #3  
    That stinks, I emailed them too, to see if I could buy the prog. sans card. Whatever happened to the single use liscense?
    Copyright holders would like to make that an obsolete term (as well as fair use).. and they are succeeding slowly with things like the DMCA and it's ilk. If things keep going they way they are , pretty soon you will get busted just for using a vcr. Or you may be able to use it, just you'll have to pay every time to watch the tape you recorded and that it may no longer be playable after XX number of days or XX number of viewings without coughing up a "renewal" fee.. Oh and like that FBI warning on DVD's you won't be able to skip past the commercials either.. (or even be permitted to pause the recording to omit them from the tape!)

This our "digitally secure" future we have in store for us... Your Rand Mcnally SD Card issue is just the start of the tip of the iceberg, oh and if you did find a way to copy it from the SD card (even if you own the SD card) you'll be in violation of the DMCA and could get busted (you bypassed the copy protection on it which is (now) illegal )
    Last edited by EricG; 04/09/2002 at 11:40 PM.
    "One of the most important things you learn from the internet is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It’s just an awful lot of ‘us’." -- Douglas Adams
  5.    #5  
    Man, I guess I see that coming, I better go get a paper atlas and photocopy it!