1.    #1  
    been 'visiting' my Treo at the store and in trying to get a feel for it (not to mention building my count of reasons why I MUST have it) and am of course finding the sales staff lacking in product knowledge (see how politely I put that).

In trying to see how effectively the keyboard has been implemented for Palm apps, I am unable to do even simple things so obviously I am missing a 'key' concept

For example ... on the apps screen there are 9 (?) icon choices how do I select & activate a specific app - say 'the middle one' (assuming name of several apps on the screen have same letter starting the name) . I even broke down and read the guide in the box and what it said and what happened differ. Reaching for the stylus is my natural reaction but ...

So those who have bought and survived the wrath of their household management, how do you do it ?
    As far as I know, you can't. Bu there are plenty of launching apps and hacks that can handle the task. I prefer the hack Switcheroo. You assign a different letter to each of the apps you'd like to launch (in my case, "X" for X-Master, "T" for TomeRaider, etc) and then you hold down the option key and space bar and hit the letter you assigned to the app you want to run. It's the greatest thing since sliced bread. And it's even free.
    Originally posted by Confused
    In trying to see how effectively the keyboard has been implemented for Palm apps, I am unable to do even simple things so obviously I am missing a 'key' concept
    So those who have bought and survived the wrath of their household management, how do you do it ?
    The "any" key, prehaps?

-henry
    Thanks for the tip about Switcheroo - this really opens up the keyboard for fast launches. I couldn't figure out how the launch works from the sparse documentation but your posting solved it for me. I love it.

I have to sing the praises of iDial while I am at it - dial any number which you can select in any application - this is a great idea especially the feature for adding items to your AddressBook.