1.    #1  
    just dumping the files in the main memplug directory, which wordsmith files can I place there? I know the main app needs to stay in main memory to sync, but can i place the Thes and Dict. on the memplug? Thanks,
    Sterling
    Go to http://www.launchplug.com they have a tutoral on how to use wordsmith with the memplug and what files can be put on the memplug. The tutorals are on the left hand side just scroll down til you see wordsmith.
    Julie
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, but that requires launcher 3, doesn't it?
    No, it doesn't. It describes how to use certain program with VFS. Certainly there is additional features that require Launcher III that are described but the Wordsmith tutorial itself is focused on Wordsmith alone using VFS.
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
  5.    #5  
    But i don't wanna fuss with configuring VFS or anything, 99% of my programs run from the memplug, some have to have either the main or the data files on main memory, though. i was just seeing if anyone has tried this and could save me from a hard reset or two.
    Yes, you can use the Spell Checker and Thes. on the MemPlug. You must have PiDirect enabled and it must be in whatever directory is used by PiDirect at that time.

Move all the applicable files to the Memory Card. They should be:

SmellSmith.prc
    ThesData.pdb
    SpellDataLarge.pdb _or_ SpellDataSmall.pdb (whichever you have installed)

Make sure you go into PiDirect and under Preferences UNCHECK the "READ ONLY" Option. If you leave Read Only Checked, Spell Check will scan the document, but will not utilize the DB's.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  7.    #7  
    Thanks GSR. You used it under X yet? I sent an email to BlueNomad complaining that the files and desktop program disn't come with the installer, but i found them on my hard drive. Silly Me.
    Originally posted by dampeoples
    Thanks GSR. You used it under X yet? I sent an email to BlueNomad complaining that the files and desktop program disn't come with the installer, but i found them on my hard drive. Silly Me.
    No. I have my CLIE on my XP Machine. My wife has her Visor Deluxe hooked up to the iMac, but she does not use WordSmith. Truth be told, she really never uses her Deluxe at all. In fact, I have been playing around with so many other things that I have not even installed Palm Desktop for X.

What is really cool was learning how to mount my WinXP Shared Directory on the iMac so I could copy all my MP3's over. Then moments later finding the "Enable FTP" Option in X, so I could FTP from XP to iMac.

I really like OS X, so much so that later on I may purchase an iBook for myself. Of course, a G4 with one of the new 23" Flat Panels is really sweet.

Oh Yeah, just found out we are getting a Mac Store at Lennox Mall. It certainly is not close by, but better than not having one at all.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  9.    #9  
    I'm still using the palm desktop beta, it's working and I read a few comments about it not working with the Visor, so I'm leaving well enough alone...
    I still havn't gotten that network yet, I've been traveling too much, I just wanna kinda hang out when I get home, but FTP would have been nice transferring my old stuff over, I did it with a 4x external CD burner!
    An Apple store just opened close to here recently (Cary, I think) I havn't been yet, and my wallet has thanked me, I'm a salesman's dream customer
    *me looking*
    salesman "any questions"
    me "what does it do, and how much is it?"
    salesman "it beeps, flashes, and it's $299"
    me "you take Amex?"