1.    #1  
    I just got a new computer with Windows 7 Pro. Does Palm have a Hot Synch software for this Window version?

Thanks,

Rick

EDIT: Looks like Palm Desktop 6.2 may work since I have Windows 7 32 bit. Will try installing it and report back.
    Last edited by C5Longhorn; 01/19/2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Update
    Just got a new computer with Windows 7 64-bit. The Palm Desktop 6.2 Software does not work with the USB connection. You have to use a Bluetooth Connection, which means I have to get a Bluetooth adapter, but there are software problems with that as well. It appears unlikely that Palm will have a fix for this since their track record has been horrible in the past. Treos are no longer a priority. Everything is Pre and Pixi. I'm getting pretty disgusted with Treo and Palm and will probably go with another manufacturer. Google Android??
    Quote Originally Posted by jcaine View Post
    Just got a new computer with Windows 7 64-bit. The Palm Desktop 6.2 Software does not work with the USB connection. You have to use a Bluetooth Connection, which means I have to get a Bluetooth adapter, but there are software problems with that as well. It appears unlikely that Palm will have a fix for this since their track record has been horrible in the past. Treos are no longer a priority. Everything is Pre and Pixi. I'm getting pretty disgusted with Treo and Palm and will probably go with another manufacturer. Google Android??
    If you have Bluetooth on your 755p and your 64 bit computer it will work. I was able to sync my 755p to my new HP 64 bit laptop with Windows 7 through bluetooth with no problem at all, in fact easier than I did with my 32 bit Vista machine through Bluetooth. It didn't require setting up any virtual serial port either. This link gave a perfect explanation:

http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/com.../49229_en.html

Just be sure your bluetooth device is visible. Also you might need to go into your user settings on your computer and lower the settings notification if it gives you any difficulty setting it up. Otherwise it should work perfectly.

I'm not ready to give up my 755p yet. I was looking at the Pre+ but until I can watch Slingplayer on it and create documents on it, I will wait.
    My laptop has the Window 7 64-bit. I installed the Palm Desktop 6.2 software. I enabled the bluetooth on my laptop. I can sync my 755 to my HP 64 bit laptop now. But the sync gets hanged on the step of "sync Addit". It keep syncing 9 of 12 addits. Anyone has any ideal how to fix it? Thanks.
    At this time the 64-bit driver is available from the saintly folks at Aceeca for free. As soon as I get some money (yeah, the economy just keeps on giving), I'm gonna send them a thank-you check out of my unemployment. That's how much I appreciate what these magnificent entrepreneurs have done. If the banks, insurance companies, and Wall Street had the same attitude, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in.

I am running a Treo 755p (Sprint) Office 2010 32-bit (I don't use huge files) and Windows 7 64-bit. Lo and behold after much surfing and fretting, switching machines and reconfiguring, bluetoothing and blue-swearing, I found a 64-bit USB driver that works with PalmDesktopWin62 on a Treo 755p. I installed the Palm software; plugged the phone's sync cable into the PC USB port; and manually added the new USB driver. Works like a champ.