1.    #1  
    Just got back from the Best Buy in Woodbridge NJ and as I was trying out the Treo, the salesman informed me that it was currently on sale (with new activation) for $299.
    Are you sure he didn't mean $399 with activation?

I mean, $100 less than Handspring.com?

Or are you April fooling?
    Jeff
  3.    #3  
    When I got there and asked to look at the Treo, the price card was showing $399 w/activation.

I was chatting with another salesman before leaving and the first salesman called me back over. He had done a price check on the Treo and it came up as $299. He even went to print out a new price card.

Originally posted by PDAENVY
    Are you sure he didn't mean $399 with activation?

I mean, $100 less than Handspring.com?

Or are you April fooling?
    This is no april fools. I just called the Best Buy near where I live and it is $299 with new VoiceStream activation. It is in the store and ready to sell.

-henry
    This is no april fools. I just called the Best Buy near where I live and it is $299 with new VoiceStream activation. It is in the store and ready to sell.

-henry
    ...it's true! I got off my duff, and called up my local Best Buy (Lexington, Kentucky). After playing ping-pong between departments, I eventually ended up in the dept. with PDAs, and was told that yes, the Handspring Treo is indeed $299. Wow...

I'm going to pop over there ASAP (hopefully tomorrow) and get my first hands-on look at it and probably make my final decision before Saturday. (namely because, when asked, I was told that that's the last day for the sale).
    THOR

/do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup/
    (http://www.centenaryouth.org)
    I hate to ruin the party, but none of the Minnesota stores I jsut called had it for $299.. *sigh*

they actualyl had it unactivated for $599 - I guess we're seeing hte price increase already...
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Hmmmm.... that is interesting, the Best Buy here in the
    Seattle Area I went to claimed that they would NOT sell
    it is a stand-alone product.