1.    #1  
    Has any had to have their treo fixed yet? If so,

a) what was the problem
    b) do you send it in than wait for replacement, or do you get a replacement and send the old phone back?

Thanks,

DY
    er, twice now.

both were casing issues. The first had a loose SIM card door, so it would drop out of wireless service. The second had the connection on the bottom get a little loose, introducing dust and pocket lint to the insides of the treo causing buttons to get touchy.

the third is rock solid. I treat them fairly well and I haven't heard about anybody else having case issues, so i think it was just my bad luck.
  3.    #3  
    Do they send you a replacement, then you send back origional? Or do you have to send yours in, and be w/o a phone into the new one/repaired one arives?

DY
    oops, sorry. Thus far, they're sending the replacement to me & I'm sending the old one back only after I have the new one. I don't know if that will be the same a few months from now, though...
    I returned my Visor Deluxe twice and my Treo once.
    The little bugger just wouldn't stay in my shirt pocket when I bent over! 3 ft to smooth concrete resulting in a wobbly headset jack.

Steps:
    1) Carefully troubleshoot your problem. Test different elements, reset, remove 3rd party apps, et cetera to be sure it's the unit.

2) Call Handspring Tech Support (716) 871-6448 and tell them what the problem is and what you did to check it.

3) They generally will do a little more troubleshooting, but on Treos it seems pretty cursory. Keep the early adopters happy.

4) HS confirms your shipping address and other vitals, including a credit card number.

5) HS sends a confirming e-mail with RMA and incident numbers and ships the replacement, arriving in about 2 days (more than 4, call them again).
    You have 14 days to return the defective unit or they charge your card (natch).

6) Sync the old critter, then charge & sync the new. Twiddle the new one for a day or so to check the fix
    (and enjoy having a Treo in each pocket!).

7) The shipping box is very slick and reusable. Put your first love in the casket and call Airborne to haul her away.

That's it- relatively painless and hassle free. Just make sure you've isolated the problem and can explain that to Handspring.
    This was what I did with the Visor, too. I don't think the process will change, except that right now all Treo replacements are newnewnew.
    Down the road they may shift to remanufactured/reconditioned.

Hope that helps!

-G
    Impatience makes you UGLY.