1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I just installed wordsmith.prc on my edge today. When I create docs from the visor, how do see them on the desktop? I've hotsynced after I created it and I don't know where the file ends up.

Also, how do I do it the other way, create a file in word and open it up in wordsmith? Is this possible?

Thank you again Visor Central readers!
    I am assuming you installed the PC Portion of the Software. If so, then the WordSmith Conduit will handle the documents.

In addition, there is a ToolBar Button added into MSWord that you can use.

When you create a document on the PDA, it should be synced into the MyDocuments Folder, unless you changed this folder during install or at some point after.

To move an MSWord Document from PC to PDA, you need to open the WordSmith Conduit (Start | Programs | WordSmith) and use the WordSmith Install Tool to choose the documents you want to sync. You can also change the Default File Location from here as well.

If you simply installed the .prc file to your handheld and did not install the desktop software, then you cannot sync documents back and forth.

There is also a Manual included with WordSmith that contains detailed information.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the help again GSR13!!

Actually, no i just installed the.prc, so i don't have the conduit - that explains it *DOH!*

Is there any way to get the wordsmith conduit for free?

thanks
    Originally posted by MitzEclipse
    thanks for the help again GSR13!!

Actually, no i just installed the.prc, so i don't have the conduit - that explains it *DOH!*

thanks
    It comes with WordSmith when you purchase the application. When you download WordSmith from BlueNomad it comes as a Self Extracting Installer and it installs all the necessary software.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Originally posted by MitzEclipse
    As a document viewer, WordSmith is essentially free.

Trial Version
    The trial version allows for 200 editing sessions. After 200 editing sessions, you may continue to use WordSmith as a free enhanced memo pad and rich e-text viewer. It will not nag or limit the number of documents you can view.
    You can get it here.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...