Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Any one with a Treo/Voicestream had a chance to check out coverage on Cape Cod? Specifically lower cape (Wellfleet, Truro area). How is the coverage in the general Boston area?
    I can give you my impression of the Visorphone/Voicestream coverage, which should be identical.

I work in Boston, and there's great coverage there wth no deadspots that I've found. I live towards the Cape, and do not lose coverage on Rt3 or on the commuter rail, wihc gets quite a ways away from Rt 3 and into the rural areas. I've also been pretty successful in Plymouth.

My Dad's got a place on the water in Harwich. I also frequent travel to Hyannis. I've found the coverage past Hyannis spotty. There must be a few towers in Eastham because I get real tight reception there, but heading along the So. coastal regions I fade in and out of coverage, especially in the Wellfleet/Chatham/Harwich areas.

So, sorry, if that's bad news for you, but I hope it helps in any decisions tou make.

<edited to add>: P-town has decent coverage too. I left hat part of the Cape out of my response.
    I have a store on RT 6 in south wellfleet and wonder the same as you. The manager at voicestream suggested that I buy a phone from voicestream and test out the coverage to make sure it would work( they have a 3 day cancelation). I did just that and canceled the sevice. I then order my treo from HS. So far it is getting better coverage than i was getting from verizon. I know the new tower they put up in Eastham near the dump is owned by Voicestream and they lease space out to other companies.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Wow. VoiceStream,s coverage in Wellfleet is better than Verizons? My experience in wellfleet has been great with Verizon....
    Let me say that where we are there is no service with verizon. been that way for 2 years now. If i travel 1mile south or 1 mile north there is service. but that doesn't help when I'm at work. I want to use my cell phone to reduce long distance charges on my land line and verizon hasn't done it yet. I'm not a huge supporter of voicestream because i beleive that if you travel aroung the states verizon will have better coverage. but voicesteam does cover wellfleet pretty good
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    How do you like your Treo?