1.    #1  
    My Palm Vx had the option to stay on while it was charging. It was a really nice feature at work. I could use telnet, or look up phone numbers, without having to turn the thing back on all the time. Now I've got my Treo and there is no such option!
    0x68452D6E: 914B FFE7 1C00 7B63 04D1 051D BA18 9B5D 6845 2D6E
    How 'bout a cradle for it to stay on in?
    We need some accessories bad.
  3.    #3  
    Who needs a cradle when you have a USB cable and velcro?
    This may work for you (when there is a cradle ). It works for my Pro.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks! It works great!
    Originally posted by jwardell
    How 'bout a cradle for it to stay on in?
    We need some accessories bad.
    Amozon is claiming to have cradles, and taking orders,
    but they're kinda slow on pictures or shipping...

-G
    Uhhh, Ahhhh, Unless you know something I don't, Amazon is only claiming to be TAKING ORDERS for cradles, with very vague commitment on when it will ship... Same for holsters.

There's a variety of interpretations on the whole cradle and holster thing. Here's three data points:

1) Apparently a site listed the holster (with photos) a while back (it's been cited on other posts). But Handspring themselves haven't announced such a product.

2) Amazon put the holster and cradle on the site as "available" accessories the same time they put the other treo stuff up. But without photos. And with "approximately 1-2 weeks" ship time.

3) Handspring has said for a *long time* that cradles are under development, but doesn't commit to ship dates.

Now I'm going to speculate:
    * Handspring developed samples of the holster. And maybe the cradle.
    * Prior to shipping they had PROBLEMS. Maybe the treo didn't stay in the holster, or the face of the flip was getting scratched, or ???. Maybe the cradle connector or treo connector was prone to breakage or ???. Look at the connector, think about how it would have to slide in and out of a cradle, look at how snugly your hotsync cable plugs in, and try to design one that will work reliably yourself...
    * They may or may not have resolved these problems yet.
    * These products could become available anytime between Monday and Never.

This is PURELY speculation on my part. But seems pretty plausible...

Too bad, because I REALLY want a cradle...

Paul
    Dudes, I have to start speculating like this more often. The CRADLE is on the Handspring site today, and I just ordered one using my $10 credit!!! I'll report when it arrives.

Paul
    Originally posted by wronkiew
    My Palm Vx had the option to stay on while it was charging. It was a really nice feature at work. I could use telnet, or look up phone numbers, without having to turn the thing back on all the time. Now I've got my Treo and there is no such option!
    Handspring's tech support page addresses it here:

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...sType=RESEARCH

and recommends several third-party options.
    Last edited by PDAENVY; 03/20/2002 at 12:26 PM.
    Jeff