Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by murthy.ranjit View Post
    I have been using a Palm Treo 680 for the past 2 years. I recently upgraded by laptop to Windows 7 64-bit. The OS is not recognizing the Palm Treo 680. Where can I find drivers for this?
    Aceeca has a free 64-bit driver that works with my Treo 755p!!
    At this time the 64-bit driver is available from the saintly folks at Aceeca for free. As soon as I get some money (yeah, the economy just keeps on giving), I'm gonna send them a thank-you check out of my unemployment. That's how much I appreciate what these magnificent entrepreneurs have done. If the banks, insurance companies, and Wall Street had the same attitude, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in.

I am running a Treo 755p (Sprint) Office 2010 32-bit (I don't use huge files) and Windows 7 64-bit. Lo and behold after much surfing and fretting, switching machines and reconfiguring, bluetoothing and blue-swearing, I found a 64-bit USB driver that works with PalmDesktopWin62 on a Treo 755p. I installed the Palm software; plugged the phone's sync cable into the PC USB port; and manually added the new USB driver. Works like a champ.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    sara.ramli likes this.
    Aceeca has a free 64-bit driver that works with my Treo 680 - fantastic!

The website has a free download of the 64bit driver and very clear instructions. THANK YOU ACEECA!!

I am using same old regular hot sync, did not need to use Bluetooth or do any crazy thing. Just follow the Aceeca instructions. My Treo fails at the very end, but all data is 100% so who cares!!!!
    Dear Palm Users

WOW !!!

I can now HotSync my Palm Centro to my Win7 LapTop!!!
    All of it .... Photos, Calendar, Notes, Addresses / Phone#'s Etc!!!

WOW !!!

I'm so happy ... I decided to write up a complete "HOW_TO" document, to help persons like you to be able to do the same. You will be happy also!!

This is my way of "contributing back" .... for the many Resources, Forums, WebPages, SoftWare (Open Source & otherwise), I use daily on Internet.

Also my way of saying thank you to following persons / organizations:
    A) Thank you .aceeca.com/ for originally coding the needed HotSync 64bid Vista & Win7 Drivers.
    B) Thank you (again) .aceeca.com/ for making these drivers Internet available for free download.
    C) Thanks to who-ever it was that a) Discovered the Aceeca Drivers, b) Realized their application to (urgently needed by users of all) Palm Devices HotSync Drivers for 64bid Vista & Win7 computers, and then c) Posted their discovery, for the whole world to use!!
    D) And finally thanks to WyerNut, of forums.hpwebos.com/ for his moderation of all those Palm Forums, and having discovered the Aceeca Drivers, installed them on his Windows Vista. and then.took the time to post his own"HOW_TO"!! (A copy of which I have incorporated, with links, into my Win7 "HOW_TO" document, link below.)
    E) Thank you all!!

TITLE: My Procedure for Successful Installation of Palm HotSync Driver On Vista & Win7 OS Computer. This Driver Is For a HotSync of Many (?Most?) Palm Hand Held Devices (Older Palm-PDA's, Centro, Treo, etc), To The So-Called “Palm DeskTop”.

To HotSync many (?most?) PalmOS or HP/PalmWebOS Devices to 64bit Vista and Windows 7 operating systems, you can sucessfully use the needed hardware drivers from .aceeca.com/ However, getting them installed is not "an automatic". You will have to do the install yourself, step by step. If you need guidance, please click on the link below, to use my "Complete Palm HotSync Aceeca Driver Installation Guide":
    ww2.usca.edu/ResearchProjects/ProfessorGurr/Documents/PalmHotSyncDriverWin7Vista64bit

Caution: The Aceeca drivers are most certainly good for more recent PalmWebOS devices. And according to various Palm forums, there are statements that these drivers also work for the older PalmOS devices. The Aceeca TroubleShootGuide, talks about Hotsync ACEECA Palm OS 4.x or Garnet OS 5.x device, in ways that the driver will work on these devices:
    .aceeca.com/products/pub/english/Troubleshooting_USB_driver_installation_on_Windows_7_64-bit.pdf

HOWEVER, I have not tried this, and only seen a few reports of success by others. Concerning Aceeca Drivers, one report says " 64bit driver works with palm os4 and os5 smartphones and pda's"
    forums.precentral.net/palm-wm-devices/281016-64bit-driver-works-palm-os4-os5-smartphones-pdas.html

So, if you have the time to experiment, give it a try and let me know. Thanks

If you like my Guide (or notice needed corrections / improvements) could you please drop me a line!!

Sincerely Henry Gurr
    HenryG ___ Aiken.SC.edu .

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I'm not sure where should I stick this but in case anyone is wondering: I have successfully done a HotSync to my AT&T unlocked Centro via the 6.2 software from HP's site with the Aceeca driver on a Windows XP Pro 64-bit Edition OS. Maybe we should make a sticky thread with the driver & devices/OS combos it works with?
    Have just migrated to Win7 64 bit to speed up photo editing....
    Had previously installed Palm OS 6.2 on Win7 32 bit on laptop...
    but crashed on 64 bit "no device driver for Palm Treo"...
    after reading this forum, downloaded the drivers from Aceeca (described below).
    After installing, re-started Palm desktop and HotSync worked flawlessly!
    Thanks so much to all who posted here, and those who shared their driver.
    Maybe there's still a little life left in my Treo 700p
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12