1.    #1  
    I received my Treo last Thursday. I made a few data calls, a few voice calls and a few SMS before the weekend started. During the weekend I had made many long data calls and voice calls on my trip to DC. Under the VS plan, weekend calls and data calls are unlimited. Last night I checked my minutes over the automated service VS provides and my minutes for whenever (weekday) minutes were astronomical, NOT my weekend minutes. After spending 1 hr on the phone with a VS rep, we both had found calls that were over charged. The rep had 65min weekday used, I had 37 min used during the weekday (she lowered her number to 65min after telling me I had 300 min used during the weekday- crazy). Since the Treo can track the time for each call, I walked through each call I had made and went over each time duration (not fun). She noticed many discrepancies on her side! Times were NOT adding up. So, beware. My advice, call VS and check your minutes, they will over charge your calls (1 min here, 2 min there - it adds up). Period. People need to call and protest. The more the better. Finally she said that the calls to VS (611) and weekend call were pulled from your call 'bucket' and added together, but when the bill is shipped, it is adjusted correctly. Has anyone else encountered these issues?
    Consumption dicates policy...eat wisely. or Die.
    You don't need to post in multiple discussion areas, one is fine.

...that said...

...I have had VS do odd things with my bill--i.e. I haven't gotten one yet! their support folk are slightly less than average (which, let me tell you, ain't good). the only thing I fear is that they can distinguish between a data call and a regular call and that data calls on the weekend are charged... luckily I have no qualms about hootin and hollerin...

...man oh man.. this only confirms my need for an accurate 3rd party call log, that tracks data and voice minutes and rounds to the nearest minute at the end of the call... and knows the time...
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn

...man oh man.. this only confirms my need for an accurate 3rd party call log, that tracks data and voice minutes and rounds to the nearest minute at the end of the call... and knows the time...
    multiple post, oops...just po'd

B'Alerted just does not cut it. But they are on the right track. What the app needs is a way to export via a spreadsheet when synced. We need this app. Please someone make it!
    Consumption dicates policy...eat wisely. or Die.
    Originally posted by bogo

multiple post, oops...just po'd

B'Alerted just does not cut it. But they are on the right track. What the app needs is a way to export via a spreadsheet when synced. We need this app. Please someone make it!
    Me, I want it on-board. There's no reason that the app can't maintain its own database and do some basic stuff to it.
    Funny I had the same experience today.

I called up VS just to confirm the plan was right, and to check usage.
    Sure enough, the 500 ping-pong extention plan I ordered with my treo was NOT activated...make sure that yours is!
    But yeah the automated system reported me using 140min daytime and 4 min weekend, when if anything I had used equal amounts. The support person however said it was 40 min weekend, which may be right, but the weekday still seems off. I'm gonna wait till I get my bill and call with any descrepancies, as recommended by the VS person.

Furthermore they said that if I was on a partner GSM network, my calls are still free. This doesn't sound right does it? Maybe I'll select AT&T and try a call.
    what number to you call to get the automated system? I'm curious now about my usage.
    thanks