1.    #1  
    The phonebook has a Call History window that records all incoming and outgoing calls with time of each individual call. It would seem easy to simply create a monthly sum of minutes corresponding to one's cell phone calling plan. This would seem a good, approximate way to see how many minutes you have left at any point. Does this functionality already exist and I've missed it? Is there a simple software download that does this?

Cheers,
    Jeff
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I've tried B'alerted and found two problems:

1. It doesn't log data calls (a big issue for me).
    2. It's hard to filter out "free" time like weekends, evenings, etc.
    Originally posted by ddenson

2. It's hard to filter out "free" time like weekends, evenings, etc.
    1. was/is an issue for me too. I sent him an email.
    2. I read somewhere that this will be available in a future beta.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by ddenson

This really isn't a problem with B'alerted as it is with the Treo itself (same problem with VisorPhone). The actually call logging is done by the Phone application. Since this app isn't used during the process of establishing a data call, the call is not logged.

I'm thinking there must be a way to hook in to the system call of establishing a network connection. If so I suppose it would be possible to write a hack that would intercept that call and put an entry in the call history database. Of course you'd have to do the same thing for the disconnect as well.

I'd like to find the answer myself, as I'm in the same boat. I make a lot of data calls and would like to see this information in my call history.

Briguy