Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I've tried using search (one of my pet peaves) but either I haven't been using the right keywords, or it's just not possible.

I'm tired of seeing these new AT&T commercials saying that they can use internet and make phone calls at the same time. I've had it happen a few times over the YEARS of using my 755p that I'd take a call and somehow the internet was still on and running, so I figured it must be more or a glitch and something that I could change to make happen all the time. I've had to often hang up on people just to use Google Maps, so it'd be nice if I could just stay on the line and be able give them directions while staying on the line w/ them. I've got a pretty old plan that I haven't been able to justify switching to the newer plans, so I'm not sure if that matters.

Any advice or tweaks? I don't follow the boards as much as I used to when I had my 650, so I don't even know if there is a bootloader for the 755p yet.

Thanks guys.
    650 - Custom ROM, TCPMP, PXA Clocker Lite - work phone

755p - Mundu Radio, FileZ, GoogleMaps, LEDOff, MiniTones, LJP, Technician, Sprint Mobile Email. Hacks of Kinoma, Softick Audio Gateway, PocketTunes, NR Deluxe
    If I am not mistaken, it is not so much the phone (well partially so), but it is the provider Sprint that does not have that capability to do voice and data at the same time - I am not sure if you can do that on the current CDMA implementation which is Sprint and Verizon. It sure would be nice though - with that being said - CDMA and GSM/AT&T each has their own faults.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    It can be done by a Sprint user but not on evdo/cdma. If a phone has wifi one can surf and talk. The.755p doesn't have WiFi.

What ATT boasts is that you can do it on the network without WiFi
    slthree,

You are correct on the wifi answer - but generally you might not be near a wifi hot spot even if your 755p or other type of Sprint phone had wifi - in that case it simply can't be done - what a bummer!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p