1.    #1  
    I installed a few web clipping apps from Handango. They installed fine, however, once I click on them in my Treo, nothing happens. My wife really wants the ebay app to work. Are .pqa apps only for the VII? I hope not. What am I missing here?
    Consumption dicates policy...eat wisely. or Die.
    For them to work you have to install the Web Clipping libraries. The only way to legally get them (i think) is to buy service with omnisky or own a palm vii.. although probably are places around the web where you can get them.. But do so at your own risk.
    You know it's bad when your Calculus Professor uses the word "Unpossible"

"It's a long way from my thoughts to what I'll say, It's a long, long way from paradise to where I am today." -Switchfoot, Home
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by ashmed
    For them to work you have to install the Web Clipping libraries.
    Well, just did that, thanks for the info. I can now open the .pqa apps on the Treo, my connection establishes to the ISP but when the app trys to connect (connecting... in the upper left corner of the screen) it hangs the OS and I have to shut off the treo and turn it back on. I am wondering if I need to set a number of some sort.

all .pqa apps are hanging when trying to connect from within the app (baChess, eBay, Moviephone, etc...)...after...I have logged into my ISP.
    I had a copy of the SureWave Browser from JP Mobile when I first got a cable to hook my Platinum to my StarTac. The only reason that I got the free browser was that it would let you use PQAs over any TCP/IP connection (which also worked great for my Thinmodem +).

Looking over the current browser, it doesn't appear that they allow the PQA access anymore. I'll have to see if I still have a copy of the software on my machine...
    I found references to that browser in some old threads and downloaded it yesterday:

http://www.jpmobile.com/download.asp

Seems to work fine for everything except the espn PQA which was what I wanted in the first place. (Don't see anyone else putting box scores into lightweight format - not even ESPN's Pocket PC site)
    There's a set of preferences you need to access in the OS. I think it shows up in any clipping app when you do a certain easter egg style stylus stroke. I wish I had the info, but I know there's a page on the net that has the info. Once you get access to the new preference, you set the IP address of the Palm.net proxy server that allows the PQAs to work, and it will work. This is what purchasing the Mobile Internet Kit, or a device that comes with it (like the VII and i705) does for you automatically (I think). When people do it without paying, they're essentially using the developer's access IP address to do it.
    Originally posted by GregGaub
    There's a set of preferences you need to access in the OS. I think it shows up in any clipping app when you do a certain easter egg style stylus stroke.
    Well, i do know that if you go to the "general" preferences and do a little counterclockwise circle in the lower righthand corner, you get an easter egg to pop up. i think this is it..

...there IS a thread about this somewhere. do a search.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn

Well, i do know that if you go to the "general" preferences and do a little counterclockwise circle in the lower righthand corner, you get an easter egg to pop up
    Cool, I see this cute little egg down there. I guess once this egg has been activated I can go to my clipping app and make changes? Is that the trick? Neat. What else does this magical little egg do. Can I scramble it...
    Originally posted by bogo
    Cool, I see this cute little egg down there. I guess once this egg has been activated I can go to my clipping app and make changes? Is that the trick?
    it's more complicated, but the details are posted on a thread somewhere around here.

Read this thread, which also points to this site. that should get you going.
    here's the page I was referring to:

http://www.geocities.com/daveinfopag...bclipping.html

this tells you what to do, and even has the files to install.
    problem is I think the IP they give for Palm.net is old. If you follow all the instructions, and clipping apps still don't connect, then it's probably the IP address, and you'll need to track down the current one from somewhere/one else.

Good luck, and be sure to post any tips tricks you learn or come up with in the process. I'm hoping to get clipping apps to run on my Treo as well (when it arrives... ARGH!)

-Greg
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by GregGaub
    here's the page I was referring to:

http://www.geocities.com/daveinfopag...bclipping.html

Good luck, and be sure to post any tips tricks you learn or come up with in the process. I'm hoping to get clipping apps to run on my Treo as well (when it arrives... ARGH!)

-Greg
    When I had installed my web libs and such, I think a wireless option was created in my Prefs area. In there, there is a wireless option. I used this IP:

it now works perfect....thanks all for the help...everything seems great, however, I realized I should have bought the Treo griffitii version...oh well