1. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    I searched at handspring.com and this forum, but couldn't find the answer. One thing that bugged me about the VisorPhone is that you couldn't use the vibrating alarm (or the ringer or LED for that matter) for datebook and other palm app alarms. Can you do this with the treo?
    Though you can't access the LED, the Treo vibrates for alarms only in datebook and only in silent mode, so far as I can tell.

it's one of the main reasons I wish Handspring had stepped up to 4.1, advanced and standardized alarm control.
  3. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    This probably means that 3rd party datebook replacements like datebk4 or action names don't have access to the vibrating alarm, right?
    Originally posted by Rob
    This probably means that 3rd party datebook replacements like datebk4 or action names don't have access to the vibrating alarm, right?
    So far, they do not. I don't know about AN, but DB4 give you an option to let the original datebook handle alarms, so you can still have the vibrate.

...however, since the original datebook can't handle ToDo alarms, I am living without them

--Edit: my first reply above was post #2000. Damn. I'm also above 5.0 posts per day. Just sad.