1.    #1  
    My treo hot syncs fine with outlook and palm desktop, but is there a way to backup more than just the normal data? For instance, my speed dial numbers don't backup to palm desktop.

So if the phone goes completely dead, I'd have to reprogram all the speed dial numbers -- and thats something I'd like to avoid. And I'd also lose my call log info.

It would also be nice to be able to program speed dial numbers in directly from my desktop computer

Thanks,

Dikran
    Try BackupBuddy. I've been using it for years and I couldn't be happier with it.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
    Originally posted by dikran
    So if the phone goes completely dead, I'd have to reprogram all the speed dial numbers -- and thats something I'd like to avoid. And I'd also lose my call log info.
    I second BackupBuddy. It's great!

As for your speed dials, run the built-in program "SIM book". It lets you copy your speed dials to your SIM chip. Now they won't get lost if your Treo crashes!
    Jeff
    I (playing with some hacks) got myself into a spot where I had to do a hard reset on my Treo and was pleasantly surprised to find that the included desktop software backs up everything, including the speed dial and internet settings! The only issue I had was that it did not restore my FireViewer images properly, but I can live with that. Otherwise everthing was completely back to normal!

No need for BackupBuddy for that purpose (though it does have some other nifty features that make it worth checking out).
    You can also use Filez to set the backup bit of all the files. Then at each sync the ones that are changed get backed up to your Backup folder.
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.12
    GS d-(+) s: a C++ UX++++V++S++ P+>+++ L>+++ E+>++ W++ N++(+++) o? K? w !O !M V-- PS PE Y+ PGP++ t++ 5++ X++ R+ tv++ b++(+++) DI++++ D+ G++ e+++>++++ h--- r+++ y?
    -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----