1.    #1  
    Hi, again:

I still have my Verizon Palm Treo 700p, with no SD card.

For the years I have been using it, I have been using Palm Desktop as the way I sync.

But now, I'd like to use Microsoft Outlook instead.

I know there are programs, that can copy ALL your stuff (Contacts, Calendar, etc) over to MS Outlook, but somehow I think there must be another way that does not involve buying an outside program.

Is it possible to do the following:
    * Sync all to Palm Desktop
    * Uninstall the Palm Sync software from PC
    * Install it again
    * When you connect your Treo to the PC, it will ask you, Palm Desktop or MS Outlook and then you can choose MS Outlook?

I know there is some circumstance where I have seen it ask me this, and I am trying to remember how I got there.

Any advice?

Thanks, and Happy Holidays & Happy New Year.
    Last edited by briisthemn; 12/18/2009 at 10:43 AM.
    If you still have the 700p install disk, all you have to do is run it and it will ask you to choose Outlook, or Palm Desktop.

Make sure you hot sync first to Palm Desktop so that it back ups your data.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    If you still have the 700p install disk, all you have to do is run it and it will ask you to choose Outlook, or Palm Desktop.

Make sure you hot sync first to Palm Desktop so that it back ups your data.

Good Luck
    TT:

Thanks for your reply and advice.

Can you help me with some more specifics?

I do still have have the install disk...

HOWEVER, the version of Palm Desktop that I have installed on my Treo 700p is more updated version than what's on the CD.

*** If you have time, can you please take me thru this step by step so I don't mess it up?

*** Also, if you are a Treo expert, I have another post about Chatteremail, if you are savvy with this program crashing every single time I open an attachment. If you know anything about this, and have time, please see my other post, and help me! : )

Thanks and happy holidays.
    Quote Originally Posted by briisthemn View Post
    TT:

Thanks for your reply and advice.

Can you help me with some more specifics?

I do still have have the install disk...

HOWEVER, the version of Palm Desktop that I have installed on my Treo 700p is more updated version than what's on the CD.

*** If you have time, can you please take me thru this step by step so I don't mess it up?

*** Also, if you are a Treo expert, I have another post about Chatteremail, if you are savvy with this program crashing every single time I open an attachment. If you know anything about this, and have time, please see my other post, and help me! : )

Thanks and happy holidays.
    briisthemn,

Unfortunately, I can't help you with Chattermail - never used it.

Check the Palm web site. I believe you can download the install disk data without all of the free stuff you get on the disk itself.

Also, you should be able to find step-by-step instructions on the web site.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover