1.    #1  
    Just updated to QuickOffice 5.6.4. In addition to adding FontBuckets from HandsHigh to QuickWord, it also has added a smaller Thesaurus and Spell Checker with a dictionary that can be customized.

On this forum, it seems that most use WordSmith, but now QuickWord, and the benefit of QuickOffice as one package, may be an option.
    I upgraded to Quickoffice from Quicksheet since I needed a word processor for occasional use. Price was right at $15.00.

However, it loads slow because of loading the spelling dictionary. There should be an option to load the dictionary only when you want to check spelling.
    I also purchased the Quickoffice "suite" after trying the demo.
    The price seemed good. I was also underwhelmed by the load time of Quickword on a Visor Deluxe. Maybe they should remove the "Quick" from Quickword. Quicksheet on the other hand seems to load at a normal speed.

After I posted this, I sent an email to makers of Quickoffice, Cutting Edge, and they responded fairly quickly.
    They suggested removing:
    quickspell.prc
    spelldata.prc
    thesdata.prc.
    These are fairly large files (200k +) so it makes sense that they could slow things down.
    I removed these files, and Quickword now load much faster.

Last edited by sbuchholz; 03/20/2002 at 02:02 PM.