1.    #1  
    I ordered my Treo within hours after the posting here at VisorCentral. I have still not received my Treo, nor does Voicestream have any knowledge of my account. Handspring sent me message a week ago saying that my account was approved by VS. Does anyone have a clue as to what's really going on. I can't get a straight answer from HS customer service. This is just as bad as the original Visor screw up three years ago.
    Ordered the first day it was available (11th?) Got mine yesterday - I have a few quibbles I've not resolved yet. Voicestream says they don't provide internet access, so no AIM or e-mail. (I could sign up with an ISP, I'm told, but that's yet another account to maintain). Have to wait for GPRS. Works fine as a phone though. The screen cover seems a bit flimsy, but the keyboard and phone number lookup works great. My major problem is that cellphones usually have lighted numbers and a screen you can read in the dark. Treo backlighting doesn't get it done.
    CerebralAssasin, you can use the sms functionality to send short emails and to use AIM. Have a look through some of the other threads for instructions - or go to Voicestream's site. They explain how to use sms for email and AIM. Good Luck.
    Originally posted by dcohan
    I ordered my Treo within hours after the posting here at VisorCentral. I have still not received my Treo, nor does Voicestream have any knowledge of my account. Handspring sent me message a week ago saying that my account was approved by VS. Does anyone have a clue as to what's really going on. I can't get a straight answer from HS customer service. This is just as bad as the original Visor screw up three years ago.
    Same with me, exactly. What is up with this? Anyone with a inside scoop? No help w/ VS or HS. Lame. This message board is the only support you are going to find it seems.
    Consumption dicates policy...eat wisely. or Die.
  5.    #5  
    Bogo,

Finally got it. This is worth the wait, except for the $100 back from Amazon. Voicestream service is much better than I ever thought. Had to set up ISP with earthlink. $9.95/month for 10 hours. Browser works really well. Sit tight. You're going to love this bad boy.

DC
    Originally posted by dcohan
    Bogo,

Finally got it. This is worth the wait, except for the $100 back from Amazon. Voicestream service is much better than I ever thought. Had to set up ISP with earthlink. $9.95/month for 10 hours. Browser works really well. Sit tight. You're going to love this bad boy.

DC
    Ohhh I can feel it already..

I bet it will be at my desk when I get into work...
    Originally posted by bogo

Ohhh I can feel it already..

I bet it will be at my desk when I get into work...
    Yes it was, all day too. I could have been playing with all last night ...but, wow, i must admit, this thing is cool. VS was super nice on the phone, service started up in less than 2 hours right out of the box. DO NOT forget to switch the SIM card to the right config in the back! Need to figure out the email and ISP config stuff...

DO NOT forget to switch the SIM card to the right config in the back!
    What do you mean, "switch the SIM card to the right config"?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by ddenson

What do you mean, "switch the SIM card to the right config"?

Thanks.
    Wehn I got mine the SIM card in the back was reversed. I had to line up the gold marks with the small wires within the panel. Not sure if all Treo are like that when shipped. This one was. You will get a 'disconnected SIM' if it is not lined up well...hope this helps

Wehn I got mine the SIM card in the back was reversed. I had to line up the gold marks with the small wires within the panel. Not sure if all Treo are like that when shipped. This one was. You will get a 'disconnected SIM' if it is not lined up well...hope this helps
    I would assume this so the phone doesn't accidently
    "turn on", "tune in" and "take off [with yer money]"...

-henry
    Weirdest thing. I got my Treo Wednesday and (after activating it with VS) used it to make several calls for a day and a half. I even placed a call about 45-minutes ago. Now my phone says "No Service". I called VS Customer Care and they said that Handspring sent the wrong SIM card for my market! They were amazed that the phone was able to make or receive calls at all. Now I'm supposed to go to the local VS store and buy a new SIM card for my phone. I have to buy the card out of pocket , but they gave me a credit to my VS account.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Also people I spoke to on my Treo complained about echo of their voice (their side only). This happens even when they are speaking softly and no, I don't have them on speaker phone on my side. Is this another problem with VS service?
    OK. What the heck is going on? According to VS, there is no outage in my area. I haven't moved from my desk since my last post but now my phone has service again (albeit with only 1 bar of signal strength). What gives?

Oops, never mind, there goes the "No Service again".

Aaaarrggghh!
    Just go to a VS location and ask to have a SIM swap. They should be able to swap you for the correct SIM card--this is protocol. If they don't, well, I would ask to speak with the manager of the store.

I noticed the echo with the VP; the Treo sound quality (incoming and outgoing) has been superb. If the problem continues, try calling the Handspring Wireless Tech Support number (number can be found on Handspring's website) for further assistance.