Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I love my new Treo, but the headset that came with it is pretty marginal. I have to hold the microphone to my mouth to make myself audible at all. The manual shows a clip on the wire, but mine doesn't have one. Anyone else get a clip?

I have another headset, one the the standard Plantronics types, but it doesn't seem to work with the Treo. Is there some standard type of headset that this is designed for, and is there anyplace to buy a better one?
    The guy who did the "Treo mini review"

http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...threadid=21759

said that it's a standard Nokia plug. If that's true (which I can't verify) then you can go to any store that sells new headsets and get one that works with Nokia phones.

good luck!
    -Greg
    I've got a VisorPhone, which I would assume has the same connection, but after three stores and many headsets I have not found one that fits. Handspring did not have any kind of support/list of compatible headsets/etc. The rep just mentioned that it would use anything with a "gold" connection. (?)

I hope for your sake it is not the same!
    My headsets for the Nokie 8100 series and the headset that shipped with the treo work interchangeably.

DY

treo@dikran.com
    Any headset made for the Nokia 3300, 8200 or 8800 series (with a "4-band" plug) should work. I bought a Sybersay Earlite 640 at CompUSA this evening and it works fine.

--Larry
    <I>Do not attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.</I>
    SO, the groovalistic GN Netcom headset I spent so much time on
    with my VisorPhone is history. Damn.

Using the provided (4 -band) headset, everything is kosher, works great.
    The GN Netcom is 3-band, the sound is very faint, and the phone hangs up about 2 seconds into a call.
    I'm pretty sure the Netcom worked at some point. Should a 3-band work at all?

I can see a glut of Visor/VisorPhone related plastic thingies hitting eBay in about 3 weeks,
    once we all get invested in our Treos.
    Impatience makes you UGLY.
    no, if a 3band headset works it's only coincidental. I went looking for a replacement the other day and only found one, which was real nice, everything I want in a headset, but it was $35, which was way more than I wanted to spend. I hadn't checked CompUSA, though, so I'll be sure and hit that one when I have a chance.
    My favorite kind of earset are Jabra earsets. They offer These really comfy ear pieces and like a millinog differnt kinds. Like boom, jsut ear, clip on mic, or whatever. They even offer a Bluetooth version, so that whenever HS puts BT in the Treo you can use it. (or you can buy the BT adaptor)

http://www.jabra.com they have a ton of things..
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Yeah I use the Jabra EarBoom for nokia 8500, it works excellent, button and all. I grabbed it cheap on ebay. This is my 3rd jabra now, I love those things.
    Originally posted by GregGaub
    no, if a 3band headset works it's only coincidental. I went looking for a replacement the other day and only found one, which was real nice, everything I want in a headset, but it was $35, which was way more than I wanted to spend. I hadn't checked CompUSA, though, so I'll be sure and hit that one when I have a chance.
    So, which one was it? $35 is about what I pay for all my Treo Trinkets anyway... share, share! 8=]

-G
    I think it was a plantronics, but I'm not sure (since I didn't buy it ;-). It was very much like the Jabra EarWrap model. Sorry I don't have a model number for you. I'm gonna hit my local Voicestream store this week and see if they have any of the "three ring" headsets. The Cingular store had nuttin. I got my Jabra headset for my old phone for only $10 from there, hopefully the EarBoom or EarWrap is less than MSRP as well.
    well, most of the places around me have the same crap selection of headsets, so I broke down and got the Plantronics I saw earlier. For those who give a slag, it's a Plantronics Cellular HEADSET (sic) For Nokia 3300/8000 Series model M133-N1 featuring:
    - Customizable fit
    - Noise-canceling microphone
    - One-touch call answer/end
    - Adjustable microphone boom
    etc....

It set me back $30, which I'm not real happy about, but so far it's a good unit. No more difficult to put on than a Jabra, once you get the knack of unfolding the ear hook, putting it on, then bending the ear hook to your ear for a more snug fit (for you active drivers ;-). It's blue, and comes with blue, red, and silver color plates that go on the little answer/end button dongle.

So, there you are.
    Feel free to ask me stuff about it if you like.

Now, to make my leather case, and find a good way to mount/clip my Treo in my Caravan.
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
    I checked www.plantronics.com and they list the 133-N1 for $49.99.

Ow.

Where did you find yours?

-G
    I forgot to mention that. Sorry.
    I got mine at Office Depot, in real life. Funny thing is, I think this is the same exact headset that was $35 at another Office Depot. Same headset, same store chain, a fw miles apart with a $5 price difference. Wierd. But, there you go!
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I got a Plantronics M143-N1 (it has the boom mic) and I absolutely love it. Sound quality both ways is tremendous.

Don't know why the prices on Plantronics website are so sky high.

Found mine at www.abmwireless.com

The M143-N1 doesn't seem to be in many retail stores.
    the M133-N1 is at best buys on sale for 27.99 told me it is reg. 34.99 seems like a good unit
    I've just tried to order a Jabra boom headset but managed to get a version without the button and with an adaptor for the 3-pin plug.

Can anyone tell me what model number I want to work with the Treo?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by bradsjm
    I've just tried to order a Jabra boom headset but managed to get a version without the button and with an adaptor for the 3-pin plug.

Can anyone tell me what model number I want to work with the Treo?

Thanks!
    I don't know what the Jabra model # is - everywhere I've seen it they list it as "Earboom for Nokia 8800, 8810, 8290, ..." - this one has four conductors and the button.

Paul
    Originally posted by Paul Penny
    I don't know what the Jabra model # is - everywhere I've seen it they list it as "Earboom for Nokia 8800, 8810, 8290, ..." - this one has four conductors and the button.
    The part number should be EMNOK8860302 in that case. That's the same one as the Nokia 3360 as well.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    i had to return the plantronics M133-N1 found that i had trouble hearing from this unit . picked up the jabra and the volume seems better
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast