Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Hi, I'm new to TreoCentral ("Hi, Bob!"). I bought an IOGear GBU221 Bluetooth dongle, and I have Bluetooth HotSyncing working fine with Vista 64-bit Home Premium (we won't mention trying to HotSync huge media files, though...

I can even use BlueFiles to transfer files via FTP. I just can't seem to get tethering to work (Bluetooth or USB cable). I've tried suppressing the built-in DUN, running USB Modem in the foreground and background, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. (By the way, I even managed to get Vista to install a driver for the "Centro USB Modem" that it sees when you plug in the USB cable and enable USB Modem in USB mode. I just can't do anything with it. But I'm focusing on Bluetooth mode since I can do HotSyncing with it.)

One more thing: I have USB tethering working fine on my XP-based laptop using the same phone.

Thanks...
    Last edited by BobAtPitt; 12/10/2009 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Addendum:
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobAtPitt View Post
    Hi, I'm new to TreoCentral ("Hi, Bob!"). I bought an IOGear GBU221 Bluetooth dongle, and I have Bluetooth HotSyncing working fine with Vista 64-bit Home Premium (we won't mention trying to HotSync huge media files, though...

I can even use BlueFiles to transfer files via FTP. I just can't seem to get tethering to work (Bluetooth or USB cable). I've tried suppressing the built-in DUN, running USB Modem in the foreground and background, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. (By the way, I even managed to get Vista to install a driver for the "Centro USB Modem" that it sees when you plug in the USB cable and enable USB Modem in USB mode. I just can't do anything with it. But I'm focusing on Bluetooth mode since I can do HotSyncing with it.)

One more thing: I have USB tethering working fine on my XP-based laptop using the same phone.

Thanks...
    Well, I finally got it to work. I had to re-pair my Centro to my PC (i.e., disconnect and re-pair with a new 4-digit code) and use Blazer to force a connection to the data network. (I also told USB Modem to suppress the built-in DUN, but I haven't tried the connection without that, so I'm not sure it's a requirement...)

So, it's working better than the Steelers right now...