1.    #1  
    Metro computes the shortest route between two subway stations in 170+ cities around the world (Paris, New York, London, Tokyo, any city with a subway & more!). FREE, FAST & ACCURATE.

Thumbs up from me.

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...fm?prodID=4869

yeah, i wrote that ...
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I've been using Metro for quite a while here in Chicago. Very accurate for the 'el'. Fantastic piece of software. I can't believe its free!

Hitman
    this sounds like it'll be a great program! perfect for my european travels!

how do you install it? It's just a bunch of separated .prc files... where can i just isntall all?
    You have to install the .prc file according to your language
    e.g metro-en.prc

Then you have to install the various city's you want to use which are .pdb files.

Hope that helps.
    Infinity is not a number.
    Originally posted by MitzEclipse
    this sounds like it'll be a great program! perfect for my european travels!

how do you install it? It's just a bunch of separated .prc files... where can i just isntall all?
    Install metro-en.prc and in the ALL folder, select the country/city db you need.

Hotsync. Ta-da!
    :shortcut: my little webby
    I still love my Visor Prism
  6.    #6  
    I was in NY and DC the past 10 days. Although not quite as friendly as a map, Metro was still handy for a little software.

yeah, i wrote that ...
    I'm going to a ton of cities and traveling internationally: manila, rome, barcelona, paris, and london are my main big cities. I've loaded metro maps and I'll let everyone know how it goes.

I dont leave for another 2 weeks...
    Guess MitzEclipse didn't ever make it home again - never said how he got on with MetrO during a trip through Europe ;-)

Anyway, I use MetrO when in London. It's pretty good - always accurate but sometimes you still need to ask for help (met a pretty girl while asking directions - but that's another story).

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all the VISOR CLAN.
    Originally posted by misterpunch
    Guess MitzEclipse didn't ever make it home again - never said how he got on with MetrO during a trip through Europe ;-)

Anyway, I use MetrO when in London. It's pretty good - always accurate but sometimes you still need to ask for help (met a pretty girl while asking directions - but that's another story).

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all the VISOR CLAN.
    WOW, talk about resurecting an old thread! By the way, MetrO was accruate, however, I never had to rely on it since the subway's in Europe is VERY easy to follow!

And yeah, we just asked the locals how to get to places rather then busting out the PDA
    i tried it out here in toronto, but finding the quickest route between two points that reside on a straight line doesn't exactly require a handheld app!
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    I've used it quite a bit in London because trying to find the shortest route through that spaghetti (They even did an ad campaign like that) was extraordinarily time consuming....much more so than whipping out the trusty Treo and making a couple clicks and what not....
    Alex.
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50
    Great app!
    Thank you for digging out this old thread that I didn't see when it was first out.

Metro is exactly what everyone needs when visiting a city.
    I especially liked that Paris bus services are also included, and not only the underground, as you would expect.

And it's FREE!!
    Too good to be true...
    I know, and I can't believe how up to date it is. We here in Vancouver just opened the latest addition to our Skytrain line which more than doubles it's route. Shortly after it opened I downloaded the latest copy of Metro and voila, the whole new line and all it's stations were present and accounted for.
    Alex.
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50