1.    #1  
    Hi All-

One of the most essential software programs I use on my Edge is Yahoo! Intellisync. It gives me the ability to check out my calendar on the web, pda, and where ever else I am.

Last week I was forced to hard reset and lose all my data. Now that I think I have fully recovered, I've run into this issue:

When I have certain events stored on Yahoo! calendar they show up on the web, but do not get synced to the pda. However, if I modify the event on Yahoo! calendar, then hotsync, it will appear! About 60% of my calendar events are showing up onthe pda, the rest are MIA. 100% of my calendar events show up in yahoo calendar.

This is a mild workaround because if you have 1000+ events, that workaround is not feasible.

I have checked the sync. settings on yahoo intellisync and they're all set to "syncronize" and "transfer all items".

Does anyone understand what the error is? Please let me know and I can explain in more detail.

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Hi,

Wish I had a solution for you, but I don't. I'm hoping a can leave my issue here too so that all the experts can comment on mine too.

I moved to using a yahoo email address because of the synch with my Visor Dlx and Outlook 2000. While it initially worked ok, lately, (the last few months at least) I can rarely get all three to synch. I get an error message saying Yahoo can't be accessed and do I want to continue the synch between the Visor and Outlook. Error message says to check the DNS settings.

Ran the upgrade process on the software did nothing to improve the situatioin. Browsing the software site gave me the added information that the error message was wrong and merely yahoo's servers were too busy. Maybe so... but I never have trouble actually logging into my email account, so why would the synch software have trouble getting in?

Their suggestion was to try when Yahoo was less busy, well that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Help?
    MitzEclipse, when I've run into similar problems, the best thing I found was to reset the database on Yahoo. There are 2 ways to do this.

* Export all events on Yahoo to a csv file
    * Reset your yahoo calendar.
    * Purge all events from your PDA
    * Import CSV file back into Yahoo
    * Sync

The problem with this method is that it may not keep your ToDo's correctly. The other method is similar, except rather than using the Yahoo export CSV, you use a recent backup of your PDA datebook file. The problem with this is that, if you are not using BackupBuddy and have explicitly set it to backup your PIM files, then you don't have a recent Datebook backup. Good luck
  4.    #4  
    bregent, thanks for the advice. I did do this and forsome reason the problem is still there.

at least I'm not the only one experiencing it.

The only problem I have with it is that I can't find a pattern as to why certain events show and others do not... can you?
    I4Y has an option to do a complete resync - have you tried that?
  6.    #6  
    hm... where do you see that? I just downloaded the new version off yahoo last week. maybe it's off the old version?
    Originally posted by MitzEclipse
    hm... where do you see that? I just downloaded the new version off yahoo last week. maybe it's off the old version?
    Resync is an option that is available when I4Y prompts you to confirm additions/deletions. If you have it set to ignore those, then you won't ever see the resync option.

Change the settings so that it prompts you, and then make an addition or deletion and then sync. You should then be able to resync.
  8.    #8  
    So when you "resync" it basically flushes the visor and redownloads everything form yahoo?

Or does it flush yahoo and reuploads the visor?

I want the yahoo to be the master calendar, visor the 'downloader'.

Thanks for the help
  9.    #9  
    I also have any question related to Yahoo! Calendar -
    Is there a way to make ALL of my events "busy" instead of "private"?

I'd like to figure out how to do this, but the only solution I found is making all events busy - from now on, but all of the existing events will still remain private.

Thanks
    So when you "resync" it basically flushes the visor and redownloads everything form yahoo?

Or does it flush yahoo and reuploads the visor?

I want the yahoo to be the master calendar, visor the 'downloader'.

Thanks for the help
    No, I don't think it flushes anything- It resyncs. It looks at every record on both systems and compares them. If an item exists on one and not the other, it adds it. If it exists on both and they're identical, it does nothing.

I'm not sure what it does if it finds records that are slightly different. It may use some criteria to determine that they match, and ask you to resolve which one takes precedence. Or, it may just treat them as different items.

In any case, take a backup of the Yahoo data before trying anything. You could also delete everything from the handheld first, and then resync.
  11.    #11  
    bregent,

Thanks for the tips on the RE-Sync button - It took me a while to test it out, been busy.

Anyway, I hit the resync button and it did resync because I got a lot of double entries on Yahoo calendar. I looked at my edge and it seemed to work.

However, once I deleted just one of the double entries on yahoo, and re hotsynced, those entries disappeared on the visor (even though they're still on yahoo calendar!) doesn't make sense....

anyway, I still had to hit "update" to basically refresh the entry on yahoo so that the entries will show up on the visor......
  12.    #12  
    I also have any question related to Yahoo! Calendar -
    Is there a way to make ALL of my events "busy" instead of "private"?

I'd like to figure out how to do this, but the only solution I found is making all events busy - from now on, but all of the existing events will still remain private.

Thanks
    Anyone have any ideas on this issue as well?
  13.    #13  
    BUMP!

Also, does anyone know how to delete duplicated entries on Yahoo calendar? I have several duplicated entries that can take years to delete... doesn't someone have some type of script tha could do this?

Thanks